Monday, August 8, 2016

Lately- Explosive July!

It's always sad when we get to August because it's the last month of summer. :( I can't believe another July has come and gone! 

During July for one of the young women's activities at church we had a tea party in our backyard. I needed a good excuse to finally drape something on the arm of our big tree. I took super crappy photos but it will give you an idea.
And since I forgot a close up of the flowers on the table, here they are the next day, making me so happy in my home.

We love taking friends to our mountain spot

We've had some perfect summer nights. Playing on the swing while eating apricots fresh from our tree.
Bum cheek!

One morning I told June I needed help with breakfast because I was feeling too sick. I just kind of said it to say it but then she went and got one of her recipe books, found the omelet page, got the eggs out and started going for it. Of course I ended up needing to help but I thought it was so cute of her to do.

Cat snuggles. He always wants his neck scratched.

Making a tent with the parachute.

Library story time is always a hit.

We're in our second novel of this mermaid series!

The girls got spoiled when we were invited to go to Chuck e Cheese with some friends for dinner one night
June, the sticker bandit, got to Buck's face.

June always talks about her friend Abby even though they haven't seen each other very much or in a long time. So I finally got a play date together and they were happy. "Do you know why I like Abby? Because he hair is poofy!"

We got the girls a bunk bed! And getting it home was not an easy thing.... June is buried in the back somewhere.
Tah-Dah! Now to decorate...

Cuddler

Flowers make me happy so here's another photo of the ones that were on my table.
And the ones I kept alive for a few months!

Some behind the scenes photos of June making her birthday stuff
Pinata:
Candles:
Cake:

More cuddles. Can you tell I like laying down a lot these days? ;) 

I just always love finding them playing together well. And in matching pajamas no less!

June's birthday dinner with Buck's family!

Buck and I had a random little date getting cookies, ice water in massive cups, and driving around.

Took the girls to see Alice in Wonderland! Nana also came and Adrian with her daughter Elora.
Ice cream date afterwards.

Oh look. Another cuddle photo.

Sneaking out for snow cones in our pajamas

How June poses these days:

Building a town.
With "the Hazel circus!"

My work out buddy. haha

Five year doctor check up! June hasn't gained any weight but she's grown taller. ha

She had rainbow hair (an impulsive thing that day) and she wanted to paint the characters from Inside Out- Anger, Disgust, Bing bong, Joy, Sadness, and Fear

A grad school reunion with Buck's friends and a bounce house pool for the kids.

Eating Popsicles at a family get together with their cousin Annie who came to visit from England!

And lastly- June in her new dress sewn by aunt Erin! 

 And don't get me wrong, I DO love fall quite a bit! But just... not the whole winter thing that comes after it... long live summer! (except I don't want to be pregnant forever so like, this year maybe I'm totally okay getting into winter.)

4 comments:

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

You sure keep busier than you let on! Love June's rainbow hair. 😀

Adrian said...

A good month to be sure. Also, I feel like Hazel's cute little cheeks are always hanging out. Haha!

4boyzmdmom said...

That tea party looked so beautiful! I bet the girls loved it!!

June's new dress is so cute! I don't know how Erin finds the time to sew. I'm impressed!

Max and Rebecca said...

Charlie has poofy hair too, I hope June misses him! haha! Also, I was looking at that same bunk bed for the boys but Max thinks they will kill themselves on it (bunkbeds in general) with their morning acrobatics! Also, I'm incredibly impressed with June's Inside Out painting!