If you know me by now, then you know that I love to celebrate and have traditions. For our anniversary we have a tradition to stay the night somewhere new and to do something new together that we've never done before.
This year we found a cool old historic house that has updated little apartment type dwellings that you can stay in for a night or more. The room are designed in clean and modern designs and it was hard to choose! But in the end we went with the "retro" one and loved it.
Entry hall:
Retro Heaven
The view, it was up a hill
For our date, our new thing together, we decided to take a cooking class. Harmons is a nice grocery store here, one of those ones with the natural, organic stuff and a cafe and all that fancy stuff. And it has cooking classes. And two stories so you could see how crazy huge American grocery stores are! ACK!
At the cooking class they had a nice table set with fresh squeezed orange juice and a fancy melon called "lemon drop."
Our chef/instructor first demoed expensive chocolate with us (favorite was a smoked spice chocolate with berry and floral hints) and then taught us how to cook everything. We had a "five star breakfast" for dinner, which I felt was perfect since we fed our wedding reception guests breakfast for dinner six years ago. ;)
The menu for the class was:
Creme brulee french toast
Fresh berry compote
Sage and maple sausage
Hash Browns
and
Shashsuka (or something like that- Israeli poached eggs)
We learned a lot! The food was amazing! And everything was so fresh like grinding a real nutmeg nut, splitting a vanilla bean, cutting up sage- it was amazing! Also we got a huge kitchen station to ourselves! We hope to take more classes for our date nights now, that and we also want a gourmet chef kitchen in our new home one day. ;)
We didn't end up leaving until almost 10:00 pm! (we had to go down and buy some of that chocolate after all!) haha We were stuffed and had to walk uphill several blocks back to our place, which was for the best to burn off those calories right?
We slept in and then went to get our girls, who were having a grand time with their Nana and Pops, and then we went to church. But I took a few more photos of the place and also got some photos of the pretty flowers that Buck bought for me.
I'm pretty happy about our date and getaway. It's been important for us to continually carve out time to getaway for a night or two together. We are so grateful for the family who helps with or kids, or we could never do this, way back starting with my sister who stayed with newborn June that first anniversary! So thank you everyone who helps and thank you universe for pockets of time that matter most!
And for fun, a list of the previous years new experience and places we stayed-
(man, I'm really happy I've kept a blog/journal for our whole marriage!)
Roller coaster and high rise hotel
Camping and a tent ;)
Three Year:
Horse riding and a farm house B&B
Glass blowing and themed hotel room
Couples Massage and luxury lodge in the mountains








































5 comments:
I see what you meant about that apartment being decorated so cool!
And I know this is random, but I really like all the yellows in the pic of the lemons and the sunflowers and the chair :)
So fun..and I want that meal!
That retro room is so cute! I loved it!! Frank would love to take a cooking class. We should definitely do that someday!
What a fun place to stay had that grocery store is Crazy and the cooking class sounded like so much fun.
Looks like an awesome getaway! I need to talk to you about finding good spots. Aaron's parents said they will take our kids this next month so we can get away for a night.
Post a Comment