This year my friend Carrie had the idea of looking at Christmas lights in style....
And she talked me into going in on her scheme.
I found a place that lets you rent a limo for the day for cheap and you drive it!
So Buck was the chauffeur that night, (he wanted to do it the whole time!) and we went and drove around looking at the lights at Thanksgiving point.
On the way there we watched Frosty the Snow Man.
The older girls were obsessed with looking out the sky roof window. (don't worry we were going very slow through a guided driving light.... thing that you drive through...)
We drank some sparkling drinks
And a good time was had by all!
Carrie knows how to make the kids happy. More drinks.
Sky roof!
Of course not all stories are perfect. That magical experience was sandwiched between me losing my drivers license and having to make my friend Tanya drive it to my house for me and Carrie and Scott taking the limo around later that night and something breaking (wasn't their fault though!) So we are glad that the actual event of looking at lights and feeling fancy was a memory to keep. ;)
It was a crazy night too because after that Buck and I went up to his work party! This year they rented out the Olympic Oval (no big deal) and so there was dinner and dessert, ice skating, curling, hockey, trapeze (yes this is where we did our trapeze date earlier this year!) photo booths, and prizes, none of which we won this year. ;) But it was a fun night.
I tried curling. But I hit the heavy thing the wrong direction and some girl had to reprimand me. This sums up my whole life and why I never did sports.
Buck's brother's girlfriend also works at Instructure so Ben and Lauren were both there and it was fun to hang out with them and get these awkward photos.
Buck didn't think I could cram all the fun into one night but I did it! And I'm glad that we did.















4 comments:
PHEW!!
Sounds exhausting and fun. And your comment about curling. LOL. I remember us playing softball at the church together once and you and I were a real pair at that game. I would like to try curling some time. Looks intriguing. Chances are it be about as good at it as you are. 😍
Yep, I have no athletic talent whatsoever. Just not in the genes! The limo idea was a great one!
Sorry. I typically read your blog posts the day you post them, but unless I am at my computer I am the worst at commenting in a timely fashion. The limo day looks like it was a blast. Your girls will have no trouble pulling on happy memories when they are older. The four of you do so many fun things. The work party looks fun too. Although I can barely skate, I really like to go. Aaron and I held hands for the first time at the skating rink.
Post a Comment