Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Help Portrait

So. The reason for all the studio light practice was for an event that I was able to volunteer with called Help Portrait. It's a global movement where photographers come together from around the world to give photos to families and individuals who would not normally have the chance to do so. There has been a chapter of this in Salt Lake City for 7 years now and also in a couple other cities up north. And, it's a long story but somehow I was able to be the coordinator starting a new event in Utah County this year! 

I've learned a lot and it's been so great to be apart of. I still can't believe how everything worked out but man alive! It did and I could cry about how happy am I about it all. 

Help Portrait happens the first weekend in December every year. As far as the stats go so far, this year it took place in 15 different countries and over 8,000 people were photographed, 2,000 of those from Utah! Our group in Utah County did about 120 families. We had six photographers and several other volunteers. We partnered with Centro Hispano and they did so much to make this whole thing happen! They were the ones who did the scheduling, found a building, and even got a lunch catered for the volunteers. 

The director over the event, Chris Dickinson, was amazing and has a huge heart that is always reaching out to help others. I feel like I didn't really do anything other than learn from him. And then the whole day was a group effort. It could not have happened if we didn't have the photographers that we did. It was amazing and everyone was so amazing and I can't say that word enough- AMAZING.

The whole day went nearly perfect and I am so grateful!  I'm looking forward to being apart of this each year and more.
Some cute assistants.
The crew!


7 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

Yup, This is so amazing!

Erinlizabeth said...

Man so many things I wish I could do with you. We need to live closer! This is awesome!

Lillybet said...

Sounds like a successful and rewarding event. It always makes one feel good to serve and help others.

4boyzmdmom said...

What a great idea! Pictures are priceless!

Carrie Lynn said...

HOORAY! I love this so much! I'm so happy it all went smoothly :)

Adrian said...

You did a great job with the event. I am thankful I could work along side you. Very worthwhile.

The Lowe Tide said...

This really was so much fun! Can't wait to do it again :)