Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! 
This year I let June decide what she wanted to be, which was a mermaid-fairy. To match her I decided to make Hazel a creature of the sea as well. And what better animal than a shark? It was seriously the best.

For our costume I decided to do a duo I've been wanting to do for a few years- Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from Disney's Tangled.  I just felt like we were made for the part.
  And thanks to my friend Tanya who did my braid!
And thanks to Adrian who took these for us.

 The day before Halloween might as well have been Halloween. We started the morning with scary face pancakes at iHop. (also, I have been taking a little break from my SLR camera so it was time for the phone to do the bulk of the work!)

And June got to go to preschool all dressed up too. Then we went to daddy's work and got to trick or treat with his friends. It's a good thing I showed up too, because on his own Buck's co-workers thought he was a Hungarian prince! haha 

You can't get much work done with a shark and a mermaid on your lap.

Then we went to the church's trunk or treat where we had chili, games, and trick or treating from people's decorated and spooky car trunks. 

This photo is my favorite because after I took it Buck said, "Wait, I was not even here when you took that..." and his expression fits that perfectly. 
 June had the best time with her little friends.

 On actual Halloween we spent a lazy morning watching Halloween movies. We eventually carved pumpkins, and we did so outside in the nice warm weather! Now that's a real treat. 
I also made sure we had donuts and apple cider.


 We went trick or treating in Buck's parent's neighborhood. I had a different "costume" of being a life guard for the shark.

The girls had a fun time and their were a ton of kids out and about! 

 We even got to stop by the authentic "UP" house (from Disney pixar)

 Then we came back and ate candy while watching Hocus Pocus.

It was a good time had by all. I love Halloween!

4 comments:

Lillybet said...

I love the hair braid and you and Buck look great. I like the added mustache for Flynn. You were all Disney related characters so that was fun. I mean there is the big shark in Nemo. Looks like some of your people get serious about trunk or treating.

Max and Rebecca said...

I love all the costumes. I'm so glad you finally did tangled, you both are perfect for it!

Adrian said...

Looks like good times. I did not realize that's where Buck's parents live. No wonder Jade got married in that temple. Haha! I thought they built out in Herriman.

4boyzmdmom said...

Cute costumes! Our ward had chili and trunk or treat too...only we did it last week. I should have taken a picture of the car next to us. They used white paper cups all along the top and bottom of their open trunk to look like whale teeth and they had the kids "fish" the treats out of their trunk. It was super clever and cute.

I want to live in that blue house! Or the Up house is pretty cute too. I've been to see it...that was one of Scott's areas on his mission. (His first area, actually.)