That evening Buck and I decided to join the masses and light some fireworks to further the festivities.
June liked them at first and then decided that they were scary. One year she'll love them. :)
I actually think about the pioneers on a daily basis. Maybe that is weird, but hey, those are my ancestors and their example and lives change me everyday. I probably should have celebrated the day by doing family history work... but maybe I should just do that all year.
*Pioneer day is a holiday here in Utah and people get work of and everything (well, not everyone, like Buck) but there are parades and fireworks and it's kind of like the 4th of July all over again. Kind of crazy. I heard this year that people who are not originally from here call it "Pie and Beer day." hmmm









3 comments:
I miss these mountains. And June looks very unsure about them fireworks... We'll break her of that soon enough!
Oh, I love the photos you caught out there!
My kids don't know what Pioneer Day is...they are such Easterners!
Post a Comment