Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our Drive

 When June was a newborn I discovered a little drive to go on to help calm her and me down. I had just left my house and as I was thinking, "I wish I could just take one minute and already be out driving in the middle of nowhere," I turned the corner and I was suddenly surrounded by fields and trees and horses. What the...? Thank you Lehi Utah. And so it was. And turns out there is a little seemly unpopular lake side docking area that I discovered. Minutes away from us! Ever since then it has become "our drive" that either Buck and I take together or I take alone. (well, and always with June.) Either way, the other day I took a friend out there to show her and she thought it was pretty remarkable and I realized just how lucky we've been. So I thought I'd share some of the serenity with everyone!






 

Hope you all have a place nearby to get away from it all!

2 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

Wow! I LOVE the snowy mountains rising up behind the lake!

That's one of the things I love about where I live...a few minutes' drive and I can be out in beautiful open countryside.

Thanks for sharing your special place. I hope I can see it "in person" some day!

Carrie Lynn said...

Best. Place. Ever.