As you may have observed on this blog, Tuesday was our 5 year mark of when we met. And you know us, (me) we had to celebrate somehow. To do this, Buck came home and surprised me with flowers (one of my favorite things) and then we went out to eat.
It was really nice because I had a friend over that day and she just volunteered to watch June while we were gone (Her son is basically June's little boyfriend so I'm sure she had fun over there anyways. ha)
We went and used a gift card at Texas Road house. It turned out better than I thought it would. We ended up asking each other "first date questions" the whole time. Things like "what's your favorite music and movies?" and such. It sounds weird since we already know those things about each other but we know them just because we know each other, not because we ever really had to ask. By the time we ever went on a first date, after our missions of course, we already knew each other and had a friendship so we never had to ask. (Our first date, we consider, was during a mission reunion weekend. A group of us went out to eat at Denny's and Buck bought me the sausages I ordered. haha) . . . (SO I have weird cravings sometimes...)
Anyway, it was fun because for some reason answering those questions, the way we would have had it been a first date, made us feel a little awkward and silly. It was strange but it made me feel closer to him. I felt like had that been our first date I would have started falling in love that day. Buck is a dream boat I tell you.
It's always going to be funny to look back on how things started. I always wonder what I would have thought if somebody told me back on my mission that Elder Harrison was my future husband. I just always thought about the shock value this news would have brought but really? I think I would have been so happy, even then with what I knew about him as a fellow missionary and friend.
I always say that Buck is nothing like who I thought I'd end up with BUT that somehow he is everything I ever could have wanted.

4 comments:
Your romance kills me. Keep it coming.
It'a funny how you say Buck is everything you wanted without knowing ir because I feel the exact same with Matt.
Max and Rebecca has left a new comment on your post "5 Years (part II)":
Charlie just had a surge of jealousy hearing about June's boyfriend...haha, and I just realized we were part of your first date too. How special!
isn't nice that Heavenly Father knows better than we do who we should marry? good thing we listen! great post!!!
Frank and I were like that too--we already knew each other somewhat by the time we went on our official first date. But then we didn't date much at all since we were thousands of miles apart. It's amazing how well you can know a person and still not know basic things. We spent so much time talking on the phone that by the time Frank flew out for a weekend and we got engaged, I knew him better than most married people know each other, I think. But I still remember the day after we got engaged making hot dogs to take with us to a football game and I had to ask him what he likes on hot dogs. Mustard? Relish? Ketchup? I remember then thinking that it was a little eerie that I had just agreed to spent the rest of eternity with this man (not to mention cook for him every night) and I didn't even know what he liked on his hot dogs! :)
Ok...sorry that was so long...
Post a Comment