Monday, January 23, 2012

Book of Mormon Stories



I hope that as June hears us reading from this book *everyday that she will come to love it the way we do. I can't wait to teach her the stories. I can't wait for her to ask questions. I can't wait for the day when she decides if she believes it's true or not. I hope she'll always know what I believe and know.

I love reading the Bible. Especially the New Testament, feeling like I get to walk along with Christ.
The Book of Mormon is special to me in a different way. For me it is more than a wild story, it is more that scripture- it really is another testimony of Jesus Christ- it is proof.

I don't have to read much to know that there is NO WAY that Joseph Smith made this book up. I know he translated it. I believe these ancient voices. I know that they were real- their stories are true. Which means that when they write about Christ coming to visit them after he was crucified- when they describe him coming down from heaven, through the clouds, lighting up the darkness and calming the chaos- when they say that they saw Him and touched His hands and feet- I believe them. And if I believe them, if that really happened then do you know what that means?

That He lives.

That Jesus Christ is real! He lives and He is our savior! All of this is true! Our whole purpose on this earth, all the answers I have found in Him, they are all real.

I believe that you can determine the good or bad of a tree by the fruit it gives. And so it is with Joseph Smith- having translated this testament of Jesus, knowing that it's true- that can only mean one thing. that He WAS a prophet of God. He saw Them. He restored that same church and gospel that was of Moses and Noah and Adam and Christ Himself. But this isn't all so much about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, or other prophets- what the point to all these people and words are is that we can know that God lives.  That is the reason for it all.

I know this is true.
And nobody has been able to change my mind yet. And it's because of the Book of Mormon and the witness it gives of Christ and its companionship with the Bible. Whenever a doubt is in my mind I think back to this book and those doubts flee.

And besides, even if this wasn't all true I don't even care because this life has made me so happy. Others find members of this church "restricted." But those of us who live it feel so FREE. I will die happy no matter what. I haven't missed a thing worth having.

Anyway, I'll end my little rant here. I don't normally get like this on my blog, and honestly, I don't know why. Why not? I guess I figure the few people reading already know my thoughts on this or don't want to hear it. ha. But this is something that shapes my whole life, why not talk about it more?

But okay, I need to go now anyways. June Bug is awake.
and she wants to type something now too...bnv n bh ,    k   b     lzxd k bvmmfguugvhh       cvhxs l opn o
or in other words- We love you all and we hope you're having a happy day! :)

*So we try and read everyday but we're not perfect people.
Also, aren't these photos of June to die for? I love them! 

2 comments:

RAQ said...

awesome! after our family scriptures I read to Gwen from the Book of Mormon Reader and the Friend, she loves it that's her own scripture time while the others read their own scriptures (that's why we get up at 6 AM for scriptures, crazy I know) You won't regret reading them to her so young! she will know because you live it!

Erick said...

3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

And, may I add, that they are teaching my grandchildren to do the same!