Sunday, November 30, 2025

Happy 9th Birthday, Rosie!

 Happy 9th Birthday, Rose! 

One more year till double digits! 


Dear Rosie,

We love you so much! It continues to be simply a delight getting to watch you grow each year. You are sweet and kind and truly have a calming light and spirit about you. 



But people shouldn't let that fool them. You are goofy and weird and can still be very loud. ;) You like to laugh and do weird dances around the house. And once you get going laughing about something, it's hard to get you to stop.  


 
You have lots of friends. Kids are drawn to you, I think because of that tender heart and easy going nature. And the of course because you are fun! You love to play and hang out with friends but also your siblings as well. You like to do art, play pretend, dolls, ride bikes or roller blade, jump, swim, or play minecraft.



You also had a big year of trying new and old things. You continued with horse lessons for a while. You took Irish dance and have now switched to trying hip hop. And a huge core memory for us all was you getting the role of Cruella Deville in the school play! You came home and told me you wanted to audition for that role so you worked hard, had an awesome audition, and got the part! Watching you up on that little elementary school stage was such a treat and a night I will never ever forget. A star was born! Because of all of this you now want to take voice lessons and acting classes and do more plays. 



You continue to love animals, all animals, but especially dogs, more than anyone I know. You want Millie with you at all times and she really does bring you happiness when you are feeling sad. You're always willing to help out with feeding her, walking her, bathing her, or going to the vet with her. You also grew a new love of snakes recently and think that you want one as a pet. I'm not sure your heart could handle feeding it mice though.... even frozen ones. (Or maybe my heart can't handle it...?)
And yes, the next several photos are of you with Millie. haha





You continue to amazing me with your ability to talk through how you're feeling when things feel down. You can articulate quite well for your age and already show a high emotional intelligence. 






You care deeply for others as well and want to do things to help them when they are down, whether that's doing something for them, giving them a hug, or writing them a kind card. I know you will continue to be someone that helps lift others. 




Your love of reading keeps growing as well! You actually like to have quite time in your room to read a book and I love that about you. You've been reading chapter books too and not just graphic novels. But your favorite series is still The Investigators. This year you and I read several books together as well including Charolette's Web, Anne of Green Gables, and The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. 




Another big core memory this year was taking you to your first concert. You got to go with Annika as well and to Benson Boone and you both had the best time! You're also really into "romance" and always wanting me and your dad to kiss. Your teen years should be a wild ride.... 





Little side funny story. When I told you to bring down any favorite books for your photos you brought down this random book "The Higher Taste." like 4 or 5 years ago when we were in California we were at a farmers market and some hippie Hindu guy gave you this book for free and you've treasured it ever since. SO I had to laugh that it still made the cut. I asked you why you feel so drawn to it and you said it was this picture inside. 




But anyway. Another theme of your year was watching the whole 1990's series show "Full House." A favorite of my childhood. It was fun to watch it with you and I loved how into it you got. I also love that you still love dolls and polly pockets. You also still love playing games! Card games or board games, you love it all. 






 You've also become quite the babysitter. You do so well helping out with Alonab or other neighbor kids and you keep expressing a desire to babysit more "for reals." I've been impressed with how you never tried from chasing Alonab around the house and you truly were such a big help the times he stayed with us! 


We're so excited to continue to watch you grow! I'm sure this next year will have so many great things. 
Seems like more singing and acting. Hopefully more hiking and camping and swimming and art and friends and family. 





We love you SO much, even if you love Millie more than any of us. ;) 

Happy Birthday, Minty Rose! 




And now for some funny quotes:

While in a gas station Rose says, "Mom I saw some guys that looked like ROBBERS. They were frowning and LOOKING AROUND."

"I'm not complaining, I'm just saying things in an ANGRY STYLE."

Rose in her prayer, "I hope that mom and dad get on the 'Kiss cam' at the hockey game tonight and that they will take a picture of it so that I can see the romance!"

Rose: "I'm working on my 10 thousand hours."
Mom: "Ten thousand hours of what?"
Rose: "Comedy GOLD."

"Rose, why are you always trying to be in the front on hikes?"
"Because I don't want to be behind people and have to see their BOOTIES."

"Rose, put your shoes on!"
"No! I am like a runaway baby!"

"Mom, when I die put my body in a big huge box and write 'precious kid's bones."

"I love massive shirts, they're my style. I'm going to wear a massive shirt for my wedding!"

Rose in her nightly prayer, "And I pray that everyone will have a good day tomorrow. Jesus too. And the bad guys. Yeah, even the bad guys. While they are drinking BEER and coke and dr. pepper."

"Dad, if you didn't exist I'd still be in heaven eating nachos." 

Rose is drawing a picture of her future dream motor home that she'll drive around the world when she's an adult. "So I have two kids I adopted and ZERO husbands."
Mom: "Wait, why don't you want a husband?"
"Because I don't want all that pressure! And besides, he'll mess up my RV and just eat donuts."

"Oh no! I don't want to fall in love with a boy in Canada!"

Rose reads us her list of presents she wants for her birthday and then looks at us and says, "I'm very serious about this!"

Rose: "In the future everyone will be in the air in their flying cars and I'll be all alone on the road below in my purple jeep!" 
Mom: "That sounds nice. I think I'd like to be down on the road with you!"
Rose pauses and thinks
"Well after you DIE then I'll have the road all to myself again."

"I just want a vespa. They are really not that expensive and then I could take it to Paris!"

June: "Rose! You look so cute!"
Rose: "Well, until I have braces..." while giving June, who has braces, a sympathetic pat

Mom: "What do you want for your birthday Rose?"
Rose: "I don't really care what people give me. I'm happy either way! ..... Unless they give me KETCHUP."

Rose: "Mom I love you as much as Millie loves you."
Mom: "Rose, I love you MORE than I love Millie." 
Rose: "Well, I love Millie as much as I love you. Actually, sometimes it's hard to decide between the two of you."







And now, lastly, the birthday interview! 

How do you feel about your birthday?

Excited and happy that I'm wiht my family


What are three things you love about yourself
That I love animals, and that I love my family and that I can jump rope really well. 



What's a favorite memory from the past year?
Having a lot of friends and just like, having a good life. Having people not tease me. Getting Goose. And having Millie with me everywhere, mostly everywhere. 



What have you been enjoying the most?
Everything I guess. Except when people tease me. Jump roping. Spending time with my cuddly pets and having friends and family.




What's something that has surprised you this past year?
Goose surprised me. So much. You just came home with a cat!



What's your favorite way to spend a weekend?
Cuddling with pets and playing with friends and family and new on the list, jump roping. And maybe being lazy, sometimes. 




If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?
I like all the places. All over the world because everywhere seems fun. I'd just say buy a private airplane, jet or boat and travel all around the world. A space ship too.
  


What's your dream job?
I have a lot of ideas. A singer. An olympic jump roper. A zoo-keeper/zoologist. Oh and broadway! And a vet. And an engineer. Everything. 


 
And your dream pet?
Millie. 
(besides Millie)
A guinea pig. Ok no a DOG. 
Every animal. 


What's your favorite food?
Dumpling soup. Chocolate pudding cake and banana brownies and pizza and apples and pears and cotton candy grapes. 




What's something you're good at?
Jump roping. Being with Millie. Having friends. Being kind. Painting, art. Playing. Being creative. Singing, acting. School. Imagination. Being lazy. 




What's something you'd like to learn more about?
Division. I don't know how to do that. 



If you could have chosen your name, what would it be?
Clementine Rose Harrison. 




Favorite subject in school?
Coding, math, science, reading, writing, history, culture. Everything in school. 




What's been a hard thing this past year?
People teasing me. Rolling down the hill. I don't like rolling down the hill. And trying to jump rope with my pants. That did not end well. 



What talent do you have in common with Mom? 
We're smart. Jump roping. Singing. 




What talent do you have in common with Dad?
Farting. No I guess that's it. 



Greatest fear?
Falling. My pets dying. The world crashing into pieces. 
 



Favorite season?
Summer, spring, fall. 



Holiday?
Veteran's day. No, I don't know why I brought that up. 
New Year's eve? Okay all of them. 




What's one thing you wish you could change in the world?
No cigaretts. No bad people. That there are more dogs than cats or any animal. And they can be free with their little owners. 



Any last words?
I just want to say Hi to everyone I guess. (that cracked my neck!) I'm off to jump rope forever. Until I need a break. 






No comments: