I really did it! Something I've been wanting to do for a couple years now.... throw a big 1940's party. And it just so happened to work out well with doing it for my 40th birthday! It was perfect- turning 40 1940's style. ;) I invited a lot of people and ended up with 100 guests or so. My family drove down from Idaho and so did an old high school friend and my old friend's mom and dad. My family helped with the flowers and food and setting it all up! I would have been lost without them!
I hired the Riverton Jazz band and asked if I could sing a few songs with them so they let me some to some of their rehearsals. It was such a wild experience the first time I got to sing with them! It was a moment I'll never forget. And I was worried I might get anxious singing at my party but I felt nothing of the sort and had a great time!
I also wanted to do this because I feel like too often people only gather together in such a large group like this for one person when it's a funeral and I decided I didn't want to wait for that to happen.
I also hired a friend that I meet doing the Big Band Tribute show to come and teach some swing dance lessons at the beginning of the party and that was a blast and lots of people got up and did it! My mom also got me a nice cake and I've never had so many people singing "happy birthday" to me at once!
June and her friend ran the mocktail bar and did a great job as well! We had Shirley Temples, hepcat fizz, cherry bombshells, swingin' punch, and the Satin Slip.
I loved seeing my kids dancing and having fun as well. The whole night is a blur of magic and joy, with a dash of stress. haha
Here's to living out life long dreams and being with those we love! And here's to a new decade!
























































































No comments:
Post a Comment