Friday, November 15, 2024

Hawaii- Day Three

 I was up early again the next morning because how could I not be?! The sunrises are all so amazing and I didn’t want to miss a single one. My mom and sister were also up and we were all out looking at the waves when I started to see something popping up and it ended up being sea turtles! A few of them, including a baby came right up to the rocks by the yard and swam around for like 20 minutes! I got the  kids up and we all got to see them. It was the best. 





The neighbor had said I could go through her yard to the beach so I wandered down it and it was so beautiful and I had to all to myself! I can't believe people get to live there! 



Sadly we had to check out of the house and move on. I really didn’t want to leave! It wasn’t enough time! But also, I guess I can’t complain because any time there was a blessing. But I took the time to wander around and try to burn it all into my head so that I can go back to that place in my mind anytime I need. 





Once we left we headed back to Hukilau beach since we didn’t get to actually swim there the day before. We had a perfect afternoon swimming in the teal waves, digging in the sand and exploring around. Buck and I got to see some local guys catch a huge fish too! My mom just stayed out in the waves the whole time. Really is one of her happiest places on earth. 















Buck is always taking such flattering photos of me haha Like what am I saying here?

This one is better ;)

This one I'm mad at the cloud covering the sun ;)








Eventually we had to leave… but we were able to stop at a place on the road and get some fresh green coconuts to drink from. And then Buck and Johnny and I stopped at another beach swing for a bit while 
the others stopped at a public restroom to change clothes. 











And then we made the drive to the other side of the island, through fields of pineapples and sugar cane, and over past Honolulu, to the resort of Disney's Aulani. It's definietly a different vibe than staying in a house. 

But later on the kids got to go do a workshop to make some of their own mickey ears and I got talking with the worker, who is Hawaiian, and he was really excited to tell me all about the resort and all the care that went into it to make it truly a place to honor Hawaii and the people. There are details and symbols everywhere. They hired local artist and such for it. The creator lived in Hawaii for years and really felt passionate about keeping it authentic. They had a Hawaiian elder name the place after a dream he had about it. Things like that that were really cool to learn about. It helped me appreciate it so much more. 
 



Now that we were on the other side of the island, we now got to see amazing sunsets too so I got to appreciate that that evening. As mentioned, the kids got to make their own Mickey ears! The kids also got to go for a night swim. Tough life right? ;) 













No comments: