The last full day. 😢
The next day we had a character breakfast and it was cute. June gave one of her beaded bracelets to each of the characters.

Some of us also got to go snorkeling at their man made reef but then we also got to take the snorkels out to the beach and I let Johnny use one (he was too young to do the reef one) and man he loved that thing! We couldn’t even really see much because the water was churning the sand a lot but he did see some small fish and he was so excited. That kid really loves the water! I love seeing him in it! Makes me want to take him to other places and do all sorts of snorkeling now!
That evening I really wanted to leave the resort and go for a walk to a nearby small local beach that people say has turtles sometimes. Not everyone wanted to go but my mom wanted to go and so did June- so the three of us went! (to be fair Erin did too but had scheduled a pedicure at that time so she came later)
June and I had to climb over rocks to check out an even more secluded area. It was fun. But we went back to where my mom was since she couldn’t climb them and we got there right in time for a sea turtle to swim right by and around us! Our hope really came true! What a magical way to spend our last night.

I got a video so this is just a blurry screen shot from that haha
Erin and Dan and my dad showed up later on and got this of me
Sadly all good things must come to an end. At least this magical week did anyway. There are so many tender thoughts and feelings I have about it all but it can be summed up as gratitude and wonder at all the beauty of life- from the beauty of this earth to the beauty of the humans we get to connect with.
I have a special humble little corner of my heart that Hawaii is tucked away in. I have a deep respect for that land and its people. I am sorry for all the sad things in history that have happened and for disrespectful tourists. I hope that Hawaii can continue to bring back its language and continue on in it's embrace of it's beautiful culture, history, and future.






































No comments:
Post a Comment