Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Disney Cruise- Bahamian Island; Day 5

The next day was at Disney's private island “Castaway Cay,” which is in the Bahamas.

 
Some of us did a thing swimming with the sting rays. 

Then we mostly we spent the day at the beach. I snorkeled for about five minutes haha I don't know, there weren't many fish and it was cold. I just wanted to be warm! The kids made friends on the beach too and dug huge holes and tunnels and enjoyed swimming. I wish we had a week there!

We got back on the ship and went to the water slide since we hadn't done that yet so that was fun. Then we sat in the hot tub and then it was dinner time. The kids got to buy a candy in the candy shop that night as well and we did some souvenir shopping. Or “skuvaneirs” as Johnny calls them.

Had to get a photo of this amazing mosaic before we left.

 

And while Buck and I were wandering the ship after the kids were in bed, we got a selfie with the chipmunks.


 And one more thing to end, I got to go on a Disney cruise 23 years ago in 2000. I remember it being magical and one of the things that stands out in my memory, of all the things, was our fun waiters who were with us every night at each restaurant. I even have a photo with them and my cousin. Eating Mickey ice cream bars too! Just funny because my kids had those every night too!

So I just HAD to get a photo with our server too. 💛

I really appreciate all the hard work everyone does on these ships and I also feel a bit bad being a consumer since the workers are gone from their families for several months at a time. I know they choose this life but some of them might not have many other options back home anyway. 

And I'm grateful for all of it. What a marvel that we can float on the ocean on these massive ships full of spas and restaurants and pools and hotel rooms. Something our ancestors couldn't even wrap their minds around! 

And I'm grateful we were able to do this, even in our modern world there are so many who will never get to go on such a trip. I hope my kids can grow up knowing how lucky they are and wont take things for granted or be entitled. 

But now I'm just rambling. So I better end this post! But I must also say that I am grateful for this time together as a family and especially that we got to spend the week with my parents! It's hard not living near home. 

And lastly, how soulful it was to be in the warmth! It pierced my core more than I expected and I was SO SAD to come home, back to winter! haha. Here's to one day moving somewhere warmer! Maybe...? ;)

 Thanks for reading and following along! 

1 comment:

Adrian said...

This whole trip looks amazing!