Tuesday, November 15, 2022

London: Odds and Ends

I first went to London when I was 17, in all my wonderful, dramatic and awkward teenage fashion. I had a teacher at school who was hosting a trip to England and France so I saved up my money from working at the snow cone shack and away I went. 😁


 So anyway, this post is the place for all the other things that didn't fit into my other ones. For starters, the air plane rides.

 

Apparently, since Buck has this special travel credit card, we also got to go to this secret airport lounge for people that have this credit card. I had no idea this was a thing and a way that people had been living! The lounge was fancy! There were places to sit and relax or work. There were showers. There was a sleeping room that was dimly lit with stars on the ceiling. There was a massage room where you could also get your nails done?! There was a whole eatery. For breakfast there was french toast, eggs, bacon, yogurt, oatmeal, fancy pastries, granola, juices, and fruits! At lunch there was chicken and heirloom potatoes, wedge salads and blue cheese, vinegar, and pies. What on earth?! So we spent a few hours there, living life in a way I didn't know existed in the airport, getting massages, eating good food, and laying in a dark room with twinkling stars overhead. I even got my heating pad out and blanket and had the most relaxing time. I know, this is a long paragraph about our airport layover but my mind was blown! I felt like at any moment someone was going to come kick me out once they realized that we didn't belong there. We aren't really fancy people, after all. ;)


 
The views are always so cool. On the way there and back to London the flights weren't full so we got whole rows to ourselves, which is THE BEST. I uploaded a million episodes of "Call the Midwife" on my phone and watched those for hours on end. haha

Sucks to fly over Utah and even see it from the window, knowing that we had to keep flying and land in LA, wait for four hours, and then fly back there. haha
This is life in the airport for normal people. Good times.

Meanwhile, in case you were worried about our children, they were being well taken care of and loved by first my parents, who were so kind to drive down for a few days and stay with them, and then Buck's parents, who were also so kind to come and stay at our house the rest of the week! They didn't provide me with TOO many photos ;) But here are some from what they were up to: 

First, pumpkin patch with my parents.

And Buck's mom had to do "crazy hair day" for school- look what fun, crazy hair!

Our neighbor, Giannina, also did a super cute Halloween craft and goodie night that she invited them over for.

I also wanted to document the gifts we got our kids. We put a lot of thought into them and I feel like these gifts really show them at these ages. 

First up: Hazel:

 
Rose:
 
Johnny:
 
June:
 
Alonab: :)
 
And Winta and Haben: 
They each got both a teddy bear and snow globe. The coffee mug was for Yonatan. :)
 
So that is a wrap on all the London things! Thanks for joining in. :)

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Great gifts. I have been doing the airport wrong too apparently. That looks awesome!

4boyzmdmom said...

Now I'm really curious...which airport has that "secret lounge"??? I downloaded and watched a bunch of Call the Midwife episodes on a recent plane trip also!!