This month our good friend Crystal threw a fun murder mystery party. She's thrown one before a few years ago. This time it was a "Once upon a time" theme so we all had to be different fairy tale characters. She actually drew names from a hat to give everyone their names so none of it was planned out or purposefully put together. So it was funny that Buck and I ended up with two correlating characters- I was Snow White and he was a dwarf named Herb!
Couldn't help myself from doing a quick little editing on a couple of these photos. ;)
Now for the other couples, again, some are mismatched because names were drawn from a hat.
Little Red and Aladdin:
Jasmine and Rumpelstiltskin
The wolf with Red's Grannie. Had to get a photo of them together for fun.
Red's Grannie and the huntsman
Before the day of the party we got invites and each had our own background story so that we knew more about our character in the plot. As Snow White, apparently I was divorced (lol) and Cinderella had disappeared and so the Prince was holding a ball for a new bride and I was hoping to win his heart. Herb the Dwarf was making my a love potion to win the prince but Herb wanted to live his own life. So anyway, there was more to it all than that but I'm not going to write it all out. Needless to say, I could see that I was being set up to be a problem character in this story line.
Nobody knows who is going to die or obviously who the killer is, not even the killer knows hey are the killer until later on, and not even the host of the party knows any of this. You're all supposed to be in character and spend time having conversations and interactions to try and get clues from one another.
We had a potluck dinner and I was assigned to bring a dessert so, as Snow White, I brought an apple pie and added a nice touch. ;) Prince Charming's name. haha
So imagine my surprise when I got to the party and learned that I was the one who was going to be killed! haha Poor Snow White, a target in every story. ;)
Then the biggest surprise of all- Buck was the killer! haha! So funny that it worked out that way. Because of my own secrets I knew, I ended up guessing it right and I was the only one who did!
Winners for best actors,
yours truly.
I did talk in a high sing song voice all night and randomly burst into song a few times. ๐







































1 comment:
SO, so fun! I love the costumes!
Post a Comment