Sorry. All my blog titles this month include the word "Fall" so I figured I might as well go all out on this one. But I keep going to the mountains and taking these photos that I need to share because it is just SO AMAZING! This year the trees and their colors have been more colorful and vibrant than they have been for years. It's a complete wonder and marvel. And it never, ever gets old.
This particular trip up there I just had Rose and Johnny home, while the others were at school, and we went with my friend Tracy and her cute toddler.
I also wanted to do some sort of little ritual to help me say good bye to summer. When we got to one of the spots we stopped at, there just happened to be a random little spot with a few yellow flowers so I grabbed those to represent summer and then I got some red leaves for fall and ended up finding a small pine bough to represent that there is still life, even in seasons of slumber.
The kids were a bit moody (okay so it was Johnny) so it wasn't all perfect but I stood on a rock and said the things I love about summer and then let the flowers go in the river. Then I said a little thing about fall being a time to let things go and let the leaves flow down the river. Lastly the evergreen for the hope of life.
I don't know. You get the idea. haha
Anyway, we stopped and explored at a couple places and then drove the whole Alpine loop. I did that already the other week but this time the reds had mostly fallen and now the the Aspens are full of golden coins fluttering in the breeze! And you GUYS, they were the most buttery golden yellow leaves I've ever seen! It was a sight to behold!
And now, I'll let the photos speak the rest.
I had Tracy snap these as we were driving by and I just can't choose between them because GOLD so here they all are. ;)
2 comments:
AMAZING — that gold!!!! All of it. I am jealous. So jealous.
Wow, wow, wow!! It is so beautiful there. It has been warmer than usual here so the leaves are just now starting to turn colors. I still have all that beauty to look forward to! So strange that it's so late in October and most of the leaves are still green!
Post a Comment