Friday, December 11, 2020

Lately- November

 We're nearly half way through December and I'm just getting around to this! Life is crazy! Here goes the photo dump.


One day, back when it was still warm outside, Johnny, Rose and I, while out on one of our many walks, found a secret path that went off the normal sidewalk. Rose was all about going down it, even in her tutu. It ended up being quite the adventure! And kind of a treacherous one with thorny bushes, soggy ground, no trail, and tangled plants too thick to find our way back to the side walk. Johnny wasn't super thrilled about it but Rose was living her best life. "Mom! Are we lost?!" she kept excitedly asking. haha She also said this gem, "If you're ever lost, you can just hug a tree!"

This photo doesn't show it super well but I had enough twigs in my hair to pass for a tree.

Some of our last warm park days.
 
Holding baby cousin, Brooks!

Some more sleepy babies. And a crazy one...
 
Dog whisperer.
 
 
For some crazy reason we were able to go on a date! We had waffles!
And then on another night, we got another date in and went to a brown bear diner.
 
We had a snow storm! I thought it was a game over but then the weather warmed up again.

Snow storms call for spa days at home.

A super rad gift Buck got me!

And a super rad gift I got for myself. ;) Jewelry hanger.

Before we hung the wreath up, the cats were frequently found standing in this spot. It was so weird!
 
But you can also often find them by the fire. Smart cats.
 
My dear friend Kenzi took me out for dinner for my birthday!
 
Since Buck had surgery the day before my birthday, two days before my birthday we did some celebrating. I had presents and coffee cake.
Everyone wanted a turn to blow out the candle.
Buck got me a pack to go backpacking with this coming year! I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into but I feel excited!
 He also got me this super cool and romantic gift. This is a picture of where the planets were in their alignment at the moment we first met.
And he got me this super amazing lamp! 
 
We took some funny and cute photos later on.
 
Then that night we went out to eat at a new place I'd been wanting to try.
Taking over my ice cream.
 
The day of my real birthday, the day after Buck's surgery, I was blessed beyond measure to have my brother in law and then my close friend come and help out with Buck and the kids so that I was able to still go out and keep my plans. (Buck's surgery came up very last minute, after plans had originally been made and scheduled.) First I got to go to a spa and get a massage, facial, and nails done! Amazing! And then I took myself out for my favorite bubble gum ice cream.


I had some good friends surprise me with balloons and a small cake.

Then that night more friends came and surprised me and took me out to dinner!

 
And then it was back to Thanksgiving time. here are my harvest decorated shelves and stuff.
 
And anyway, back to my kids.

Forgot to share these photos of the treasures we found when we went to Red Butte Gardens!

 
Can't forget the fun times of the month with elections! haha
Lastly, some pretty scenes.
 
I thought this was neat. A symbol for how no matter how many clouds in life there are, the blue sky never actually goes away, it's always there and waiting. 



3 comments:

Lillybet said...

So you’re a dog whisperer? Sure looks like it all right. And I can never get enough of these beautiful lake pictures. I could look at those all day.

Lillybet said...

And I forgot to mention that I liked the “blue sky“ analogy.

Adrian said...

Buck knows you so well. All of those gifts seem so spot on and cool. I love your treasures from the gardens and the ugly snail pics of Hazel. Ha ha!