Wednesday, November 11, 2020

When Grandpa and Grandma Comes

Last week was the best. My parents came down and stayed for nearly a whole week! During this time we were able to do lots of fun things, and also just hang out at home. The kids were all so excited and I think that my family should just get it over with and move to Utah already. ;)

One sunny my mom and I took the kids to Red Butte Gardens. Most things were already “dead” but honestly it was enriching to go and find the beauty in a time that most people don't. And there was lots of beauty to find! White feathery fluffs dancing on skinny pond reeds, dried pink roses with their heads reverently bowed, and naked branches ornamented with berries of all colors. The girls loved collecting the treasures of orange, blue, white, and red berries, dried rose petals, and sprigs of lavender. We also had a lot of fun crunching leaves and at one point gathering them into a large pile and throwing them into the air. I also took some birthday photos of Rose in a tunnel of bending trees, the ground covered in brown leaves.

Hazel's treasures

 Rose's treasures

 

June's treasures

 

My parents also got to go with us to the youth production at Hale Center Theater of "The Phantom Toll Booth," which was a random story but interesting and, as always, so well done by HCT.


 

Then another day my mom and I took Rose and Johnny to the aquarium! There was new outdoor things to explore too, so that was fun!

And as if that wasn't enough fun crammed into one week, my parents took the kids to the Butterfly Biosphere and Buck and I got to stay home and get some much needed cleaning and organizing done! AMAZING.

Also, Hazel wore some wings and flowers from our dress up pile to try and attract more butterflies and they said it worked!

 

Lastly, my parents took me out for an early birthday dinner. We went to a Brazilian restaurant and it was so good!

Also, as always we missed Winta and Haben on these outings as they've been busy with school and work lately! 

Also also, there were lots of good times hanging out at home too reading books, playing, doing crafts. It was a full and good week. Time for all Idaho family members to move to Utah! ;)

4 comments:

Adrian said...

How fun! I love everyone's treasures!

4boyzmdmom said...

That garden was amazingly beautiful, even with most things "dead".

I hope you had a Happy Birthday yesterday!!

Lillybet said...

I’m so glad we made it and that for November the weather was nice. The Red Butte gardens were my favorite except for the uphill climb with the stroller at the end. It was such a beautiful day and no one was there hardly but us.

Adrian said...

Man! I was so behind on commenting! I really need to just comment when I initially read the posts...