Sunday, November 8, 2020

Lately- October

T'was the month of Halloween. So we started things out creepy and Halloweeny.  

(also, as a reminder, Winta and Haben got Jobs so we don't see them as much as we used to! So in this post it looks like they've moved out or something but nope! Still here and very much apart of this family!) 


How we watched General Conference.
 
Women's session with some wonderful women!
 
Hazel's soccer season came to an end! 
Mostly she spent this season secretly scooping up grass from the field and throwing it on the opposing team members. I think we might try a new extracurricular activity next time. haha
 
One day I found Rose with a pair of scissors and a pile of hair surrounding her. Every mother's vain nightmare. Luckily she only got one side and, I'll admit, did an impressive job of adding in some 1970's Farrah Faucett layers. I decided not to take her in to "fix" anything because then she would have had a 1980's bowl cut/mushroom head. So for now we're all about high pony tails. haha
 
On a sunny walk. October's weather was kind to me.
 
It's so fun to go to the dentist with your sisters.
 
My cat is weird and found in strange places.
 
Johnny is so freaking CUTE.
 
But also, like, really stressful. 
 
Our last boat ride of the season! SOB
 
 
Animal farm!

If lately you're like, "Wow, did Anna actually gain weight?" The answer is, "yes, yes she has.

 
Painting pumpkins for a cousin's birthday.
 
First date.
 
Hazel's grown a fun new caricature style of drawing.
 
Twins.
 
Jumpers.
 
With a large dress up collection in our home, I never know what I'm going to turn around and find.
 
This is very relatable.
 
Pretty sunset.
 
Hazel started piano! Now we've got two kids in piano!
 
I thought the rats looked precious all cuddled up sharing the water.
 
Johnny always looks so cute all cuddled up too.
 
Ice cream with Adrian!
 
Speaking of dessert, June tricked Buck and me to sit down together at her new restaurant called, "The Parent Trap." She made quite the delectable desserts for us. It was cute and funny.
 
Being Johnny can be stressful sometimes. From run ins with powder sugar, wardrobe malfunctions, and ruining pants, being a toddler is a tiring job. (almost as tiring as being a mom to that toddler...)
 
Baseball park with friends!
 
More walks.
 
Getting family flu shots. The little kids did totally fine and the older girls freaked out. LOL
Lots of creating, always.
June's beach. 
I really liked this one that Hazel made- the whole process of catching a fish and cooking it and then eating it, complete with steam coming from the food.
 
She was so proud of her painting. 💖

Making Halloween cookies with my creative (and messy) little artists.

 
There is someone who rides around their horse as the headless horseman in our town! So cool! And we actually spotted him!
 
Kids got to go to the Witch fest with friends~
 
Fun Halloween/birthday party with my "Buck."
 
So many bed thieves.
 
Buck's sister had her baby! A little boy! Johnny was so obsessed, it was cute! We all got to hold and love him.
 
Life with teenager daughters who have lots of laundry.
 
And life with little kids.
 
Our first library trip in months! We came home with so many books!
 
Banana bandits.
 
These two have really become the cutest little friends and it makes my mom heart burst!


 And sometimes the dog gets to tag along as well. haha
 
And now, you've seen a glimpse of the crazy busy life we've been leading. And this is why I have the hardest time getting out of bed every morning. That and winter is here now as November wraps it's cold fingers around us so hibernation time it is!
The end!

3 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

Frank and Buck watch General Conference the same way!

Adrian said...

What a great month! And I totally stole that photo of us for my blog. ;)

Lillybet said...

So for some reason I really like the costume of Rose with the pink elflike hat that she has on. One of my favorite so far.