Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Lately- September

 September is always pretty kind with it's weather and leaves that change color. Thank you September!

First up, getting ready for all the fall festivities! 

But don't worry, I don't actually put up my Halloween decorations until October haha


 And these beauties!
 
We also went to the Harvest festival and saw all the HUGE pumpkins and gourds. 
 
We took lots of nature walks.
 
But then the weather took a crazy turn with hurricane force winds! And we lost power for a whole day. Which was nothing compared to Salt Lake City where thousands were without power for days!
Trying to manage in the wind and rain at Hazel's soccer game.

But then it warmed back up again! And we were back outside adventuring.

Rose started her first dance class! I wish I could stay and watch so badly! But of course right now in the world, there is no such luck.
 
The kids got to go to our neighbor's super cute ice cream birthday party~!
 
Good little helpers in the kitchen.
 
Trying out some new looks.


 
Hazel went shopping with Buck to get some puppy toys. She sneaked in this "root beer" bottle squeaky toy into the cart and Buck actually didn't realize that he bought it until they were home. The neighbors may start to wonder since this toy is usually outside on the lawn. hahaha
 
"Take my picture, mom."
 
Hazel came inside and showed me that she had made a recreation of the crosses where Jesus was crucified. She was so proud of it.
 
Such perfect costumes for these little best friends.
 
Johnny in the shark mask is my favorite.

 
 
I don't even know what's going on half the time. Rose's face is covered in eye shadow, children on the counters, yarn.... 
 
Buddies

 
And me too! 

Also buddies with the pets.
 
Family night out at Denny's for dinner.
 
Celebrating Enkutatash, or Ethiopian New Year! Yes, they celebrate new year in September! They also culturally consider it now to be the year 2013. (if only, right?! haha) Look it up to learn why!
 
Sisters
 
Hazel had been asking to make some more homeless kits and so I was looking around for something similar and came across this. I found a cool charity that makes birthday boxes for kids in need. We signed up and got to make a fun box for a little boy turning three who loves Mickey mouse. You not only add some gifts but also a cake mix, decorations, a game, party favors, cards. It's called Box of Balloons if anyone wants to get involved! The girls loved shopping for everything and helping out. Buck took a nap by the box while I loaded it up.
 
You already saw a few of the posts about going to the fall leaves in the mountains but I wanted to show you this fun photo and then the stash we came home with!
 
Fun date night with friends! First dinner and then axe throwing! I showed up wit a Viking hat and apparently people don't normally do that.  But it was a magic charm because I ended up getting pretty good at it, which was a surprise to us all. haha I got 14 axes in the target area in a row at one point!

And then we got a date in another night! Dinner and a movie and a drive to see the moon.

Hooray for kind Septembers!

1 comment:

Lillybet said...

OK, so how in the world do they raise pumpkins with faces? And I love Hazel’s creation of the crucifixion. There’s a lot of pictures of Buck sleeping. I am sorry that he was not feeling well so much of the time, but amazing that he still tried to show. And I love how you found that many rocks that are heart shaped. And last but not least the Mickey birthday box. There are a couple of places around here that do similar things so I guess I should do one of those sometime, although it’s more fun when you have kids around to help. Last but not least, all the September colors are always amazing.