Buying our old little boat was the best idea ever. We took it out on one last warm drive. We spun sharp circles and laughed and went back over the waves. We brought pizza with us and cookies.The water was glassy and turquoise. I'm never ready for winter to come but I think our boat, "The Quarantine" has made it even harder to say good bye to summer.
Here are some photos from the last hurrah.
(note: Winta and Haben got jobs recently so they missed the last boat ride. sad day!)
And then some of my favorites from the summer with the various trips across the water.

It gave us a summer to remember for sure! And one of the best things about it all was that pretty much every single boat ride we took we invited friends or family to come and we were able to create memories with them and also share the happiness of the lake with others!
Some memories I never want to forget: our neighbors both falling in the water accidentally, my dad bouncing on the tube so high, and my friend's husband somehow recovering and staying on the tube after it completely flew in the air and flipped! How all the kids loved riding on the tube and June and Hazel being brave and standing up while riding it. My mom being all scared to jump into the water with the tube around her waist. The long boat ride to explore to the strange grove of trees far away on other land and how all the kids fell asleep on the way there. My friend's son exclaiming, "I'm not a man yet!" as he was scared on the tube. Seeing American Fork harbor from the water, the harbor I went to for years and would sit on the rocks and stare off into the lake and wonder how it would feel to be out there. Date night with Buck. ;) Hitting all the tummy tickling waves. And the contrast of bliss in smooth glass waters. All the sunsets. Tearing up the propeller getting stuck in the mud. Also getting stranded in the lake for two hours. haha Watching helplessly as the swimming tube floated away, never to return. So much laughing and so much food spilled on that blue carpet. What an amazing blessing a family boat can be! And what an amazing thing to share! I'll be dreaming of it all winter, that's for sure. But I'm grateful for the warm, sunny memories I can fill my mind with to forget the snow.













































2 comments:
This was such a great 2020 purchase. Also, I still love the name. It's perfect.
Well I am glad I got to ride the boat once last season. I hope for more times next year.
Post a Comment