Monday, July 20, 2020

Happy 9th Birthday, June!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNE BUG!! 

Today you are nine years old, which makes me nine years a mother. Your first few years were spent alone with me and dad. Everyone told me to enjoy those years, that they were special, so I tried my best. We spent so many days just laying in the backyard under our tall tree, or having dance parties in the kitchen, or going for pony rides at the animal farm. I know you can't remember those days now, but I know they are still apart of you, even as you've become the oldest sister of three younger siblings and now somehow the middle child with two older sisters as well.


But, as they also all say: time does go fast. And somehow here we are dealing with what can sometimes feel like a teenager. πŸ˜… But despite those moments, you're still in full blown childhood with imagination and creativity on hyper drive!


You are incredibly social. You always have been. I love watching you make friends so easily. You have a talent of no fear in talking to others and finding things to laugh about and relate to. You also have no problem laughing at yourself and not taking things too seriously. You have so many friends and you care about each of them. You took so much time to pick out presents for them on our recent trip to Idaho. You are always thinking of kind things for them.


You also don't seem to take too seriously hard work.... you have a firm belief that everything is meant to be fun, fun fun. You have a tendency to leave a trail of mess and chaos wherever you go (unless you're at a hotel, then some other switch goes off and you want to unpack and perfectly organize everything...) 

 The book "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" pretty much sums you up:
If you give a pig a pancake, she'll want syrup but then get al sticky so she'll need a bath which means she'll ask for bubbles and some toys. The duck will remind her of home and she'll want to visit family and make you come too. While she's looking for clothes to change into she'll find some tap shoes and decide to get dressed up for that and then she'll want some music and then start dancing. Then she'll want you to take her photo and then see the photo and then decide to print them off and send them to her friends.  So you'll have to get envelops and stamps and then go to the mail box where she'll see the backyard and want to build a tree house. So you'll have to get a hammer, nails, and wood and when the tree house is finished she'll want to decorate it and need wall paper and glue and with that glue she'll get all sticky and that will reminder her of syrup and so she's going to want some more pancakes. 


Exhausting to think about, right? Well, that is every day with you. As soon as you wake up I get anxious haha. But I tell myself that all these qualities of yours are going to manifest themselves into super powers as an adult and then you're going to write a memoir about your life and get interviewed about it one day on some famous talk show, (because now you've saved the world somehow) And you're going to read an excerpt from your best selling memoir on the show about how when you were little you used to make messes by the minutes because your brain was ever moving 100 MPH but "Look at me now!" all those qualities turned into strengths and it is all thanks to your AMAZING parents who nurtured and cared for you. And everyone will laugh their sympathies for us at the funny things you did as a child and then hail us as the saints we are, and "no doubt all this thanks for your accomplishments goes to your mother, who tirelessly cleaned up after you." 

This is what gets me through the days. 

That and your incredibly goofy and weird sense of humor. You do so many strange voices and do the weirdest, funniest  things and I always appreciate the comedic relief. 


And when you channel the care taker in you, you are amazing at helping and caring for others and it's no surprise that all the younger kids always love you and want to be with you or feel jealous that you're not their sister. You also come up with endless creative games to play, on the spot. You always have a plan to throw a party or hold a garage sale, or make a movie, or build a club house or put on a play. It's never ending! 

And you've got quite the flare for dramatic stories and excitement. You love to write songs and poems. You love your musical theater class and have done so well at that lately with solos too! 


You continue to think that you can make up your own rules for the world. That you don't need recipes to cook and that math is subjective. "I know that most people say that 1+1= 2 but I say that 1+1=11" 


You've always been boy crazy too. So many crushes, so little time. You're such a bold flirt already. Heaven help us. You love make up and requested a tight dress for your birthday. Like, what is even happening?! 


All this excitement, creativity, fun, and ideas lead you to be quite distracted and forgetful, but hey, that works out well because you're not going to get your own cell phone anyway for like another 50 years. 


We love you so so much. You've been here nine whole, complete years but I swear I can feel how I've been loving you forever all along, somehow. 

Love, mommy

This year, June:

Went on a lot of daddy-daughter camp outs and backpacking
Got baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Went to a puppet festival
Performed in a community musical play
Took Musical theater and hip hop classes
And piano and swimming lessons!
Saw several plays on the stage as well
Participated in several service projects with friends
Including washing fire trucks!
Rode on an alpine coaster
Panned for gem stones
Got two pet rats
Attended a gardening and fashion design summer camp
Went to Disneyland!
Swam in the ocean and flew on an airplane
Went to another funeral
Went on an over night getaway with mom
Dressed up as a galaxy for Halloween
Got two new big sisters!
Went sledding down a mountain side
Went to the ice castles
Learned to do a flip on the trampoline
And then?
Went through her first world wide pandemic and global shut down
(well, STILL going through it)
Experienced her first earthquake
Attended her first protest
And experienced her first evacuation for a wild fire
(fun times!)
Held butterflies and baby birds
Rode a horse
Got her own face mask
Went to Yellowstone
And has clocked many hours boating on the lake
States visited: Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, California


A song, written by June:

When the moonlight rises, my love will too.
From the bottom of the earth to the tip of the mountain.
I will sing out loud, out strong, out beautiful.
Oh oh oh oh
My voice wont stop me from singing.
Oh oh love love love.

Now: 3, 2, 1
We are live on TV [phssssssss]
Everybody I want to say something quick right now:
Before you add on a fake crown, that love is a gift that you use for stuff like....... [beeeeeeep]
Oh oh whoa oh whoa whoa a-oo
Did you hear that? Of course [echo]
When the moonlight rises [echo]
My love will too.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNE!!!!
πŸ’–πŸŒΈπŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸ’πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŒŸ




Birthday Interview:

as

Birthday Interview:
What is your favorite color?
purple

What is your favorite toy?
I don't have a favorite toy.

Favorite thing?
 My rats! And what is it called? My telescope.

What is your favorite TV show?
Full House, Proud Family, Just add magic. And yeah,

Favorite snack?
It is the yogurt candy I made that you dip in honey.
I put yogurt in different shaped bowls and freeze them over night, then put them in a bowl of honey then you eat.

What is your favorite book or book series?
Archie Comics

What are some others?
That's just all, or Ermine I'm reading with mom.

What do you take to bed?
Pirate ship. My big otter that you call my husband. My blankie. My big unicorn blankie with a unicorn on it that Aunt Susie made. And Boo Berry.

Favorite breakfast?
German pancakes

What do you make for breakfast
Toast and hot chocolate

Dinner?
I know I didn't have it last night, but mashed potatoes and gravy

What does mommy always say to you?
No, that's all.

What makes you Happy?
When I get something I wanted!

Sad?
When I don't.

What makes you Laugh?
When daddy tickles me. When daddy did a cannonball in grandmas and grandpas swimming pool and the last thing he saw was Dan dry then wet.

What is your favorite thing to do?
Cook and color, and play

Who's your best friend.
Quinn, Emerson, Ginger, Tatum, Macey, Emery, Piper, Ava, Haden, Harper, sometimes Brinley, sometimes Lauren, Sometimes lily, sometimes brenna. And . . . way more.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A pop star!

What are you really good at?
Making candies. And coloring, and planning birthdays, if I do. But I know I'm very good at planning parties

What's mom good at?
Photography, making food, and sleeping

What's dad good at?
working, building, buying stuff mom doesn't want him to, and also sleeping

What's hazel good at?
annoying me, being funny, her laugh is very attractive (maniacal laugh from hazel)

What's Rose good at?
also attacking me, dressing up, singing

Johnny?
Screaming

Winta?
Coloring

Haben?
Working, SLEEPING!

What aren't you good at?
If I were ever to again, going on splash mountain.

What is your favorite song.
You need to calm down, bad blood, DREAM. You need to calm down and bad blood from taylor swift. You need to calm down says everyone wears a crown and I like that, bad blood as a good rhythm.

What do you want for you birthday?
I want . . . a bigger room. My room is so tiny, that is why it is so messy all the time. And then my rats can have a little play area where they can just play.

Favorite animals
cats, rats, flamingos, and lizards. ALL!

Dad work?
Help people

Where is your favorite place to go.
Olive garden, McDonald's, Disney world, Disney land, and all the big theme parks.

What do you Complain about?
I want my own iPad! I can complain right now if I wanted to. And the workers across the street.

Musical instrument.
Electric guitar! Not the piano

What scares you?
When I get stuck outside in the dark, like last night.

What would your three wishes be?
Get an iPad, get a laptop, and a bigger room. A laptop connected to a desk like mommy's.

What seems dangerous to you?
Jumping off that mountain like what we saw in Idaho.

What do you love about yourself.
I'm beautiful

Imaginary creature?
A cheetah mixed with a cat and all the animals with a horn from a unicorn! Just kidding, a panda-corn, kitty-corn, and puppy-corn

What do you work hard at?
Taking care of my rats?

What secret are you keeping to yourself?
Sorry, not allowed to say that.

Favorite holiday?
All of them, because they all include candy.

Any last words?
Rosie, what are you doing?? I LOLAOLALOALA!



4 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

She reminds me of Seth in many ways. His mind is always going 100 miles per hour also!! I do hope, like you do, that somehow that characteristic will turn into a big advantage when he's an adult!

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

It looks like both of you have big dreams ahead! πŸ˜„ I can’t wait to witness them all!! Love you, Ivory June!!!

Adrian said...

Since we don't hang out often enough, I love reading these birthday updates. Great photos too. Where were those epic trees?

Lillybet said...

I loved the analogy from the book “if you give a pig a pancake”, that describes June so well. I was Smiling through that whole thing. Hard to believe she’s already nine.