June was a month of Idaho. After our week visiting my family in Boise, we had a few days back and home and then packed up again and headed to the other side of the state where we stayed in a nice cabin with Buck's family.
The cabin was beautiful and perfect. We
went to Island Park Idaho. There's a beautiful mountain lake and
walls of tall pine trees surrounding it. Truly beautiful. But the
weather was pretty rough. I'll talk about that first and get that out
of the way.
There were a couple sunny days but they
were windy. And then the other days were cloudy, cold, rainy and then
one day it even SNOWED. We were all so trapped inside that cabin!
Trapped partly because I wasn't packed well enough. I had checked the
weather and before we went it said there was one day of rain so I
packed sweatshirts and pants. But by the time we were there it
changed to worse and really I should have packed winter coats and
boots. If I would have had those I wouldn't have been so trapped, I
could have left the cabin and still explored.
Regardless, I can't complain too much because the most important part is to have good company- and we were surrounded by the best!
Regardless, I can't complain too much because the most important part is to have good company- and we were surrounded by the best!
So now to focus on the good
things, because there still really was so much more of that. We did
get to take our new(old) boat out a few different days. We were pretty bundled
up most of those times but it was still so fun to be out there and to
see nature from there. The kids liked it too. One day some people
decided to brave the cold and even go in the water. (gasp!) Some people also rented jet skies and braved the icy water on those.
We had a bon fire one evening and that
was really good. We ate really good dinners every night. I read an
interesting book. I played my ukulele. Everyone played A LOT of
games. 2/3rds of them I probably didn't play because I don't like
long, strategic, logical games. But the other 1/3 of the time I would
join in for the more creative and loose games. There's always lots of
laughing and snacking during game time.
All kinds of weather, we stick together.
And now we're all plotting how to win millions of dollars so that we can buy a cabin there. ;) (and go back when it's much warmer, also)




















4 comments:
We love Island Park! I actually am going to be super crazy and ask for the link to the cabin. I'm assuming it was an airbnb or VRBO? My side of the family has outgrown the one we have always stayed in and yours looked perfect for our crowd.
Rachel.a.rasmussen@gmail.com if you want to share :) If not, that's cool, too.
Despite the cold, it looks like there were still a lot of memories made! All of my favorite summer vacations were with cousins! And that cabin looks amazing!
Looks lovely!! (But sorry it was so cold.) I would love to go there sometime. Those marshmallows Buck's dad is holding look perfectly toasted. And was someone really reading your girls a book called "I Need a New Butt"??? Hahahahaha....
It's so weird and fun to see your family in the cabin. Ha ha! I'm glad you liked it! And that's funny that someone commented on that book. I remember my mom showing that to my kids last time we were there and I was like, "uuuuummmmm...what is this?"
Post a Comment