Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Boise!

We took a little trip to Boise to see my family. It's been a long time with everything that's happened! 
We stopped half way in Twin Falls to stretch some little legs. We went at a good time because we got to see several people jump off the huge bridge into the deep gorge below! I've been with friends before at that same bridge when they bungee jumped! It was terrifying just to stand next to them on the bridge as they jumped! This day, as a family, we got to watch base jumping where they free jump and pull put a parachute. This is a thing I will NEVER try!

(there was a significant amount of earth a few feet below this wall that the kids were on, I would NOT have let them on if it was a cliff drop off!)

We were in Boise for six days! We went swimming several times, including once at a friend's house. The kids, of course, did a lot of playing and were pretty much wearing various dress ups the whole week. We got some Ethiopian food one night and it was fun for Winta and Haben to share that with my family. We made pizza's at Erin's house. We had a few thunder storms. I took a couple naps. The girls had a slumber party at Ginny's house.

 My mom always leaving fresh flowers in my room!
 Our African feast

 One of the last nights my childhood friends came over and we sat in the hot tub and caught each other up on our lives. It was the best!
 And here's a funny throw back photo of the three of them (and Alicia) from Middle School years! We were playing the "skittles game."

On a walk one day we found what appeared to be a dead butterfly so I scooped it up and after a while in my warm hands it sprang to life! (there was a freak cold front that came in- too cold for these critters this time of year!) 
 We also found a fallen birds' nest! It was so cool! They had so carefully lined the inside with soft fuzz. I was sad that it had fallen and become vacant.

A highlight of the week was that we got to go ride horses at my mom's friend's house! And not only that but they have the best yard with a whisical swing set, dogs that play fetch, and tall shady trees. The girls all took several turns on the horses. Rose really stayed around the most, wanting to talk to the horses and pet them. June wanted to play with the dogs a lot. And Hazel announced that when she grows up she is going to be a scientist that learns all about human and animal bodies. Oh and she might also be an opera singer. (haha)

It was the first time for Winta and Haben to ride a horse! Winta seemed more nervous than Haben but in the end they both had a good time. I seriously love it so much- for whatever reason it is one of my greatest joys in life to give others new, enriching experiences.

And of course swimming was a highlight, as always. 
First day we went to a friend's house:
But the rest of the days were spent at my parents pool, where they could heat it up nice and warm so despite some colder days, we were able to get in.
Buck was crazy when he swam, as always, and did a canon ball once that drenched Dan, who was sitting nearby in his work suit.
 Another day:

It was a good start to the summer! 

5 comments:

Lillybet said...

A big thank you to Stiles For letting us swim there until our pool was open, and then a big thank you to the Syphus’s For letting us ride their horses and play in their yard and on their swingset. They both made our week so much more fun. And then the homemade pizza in the pizza oven at Stewart’s was yummy and wonderful. But then who could not have fun with this big group of people together. Seems too quiet when Harrison’s leave Meridian.

Max and Rebecca said...

I love how simple trips home can seem so much more exciting as an adult. You packed in so much and we sure do love your parents pool (we also love your parents!). They have a party house for sure! And I love how you like to observe and initiate people having new experiences! (And I just barely had my first horse ride last year, wish you were there., I was kinda nervous too! haha)

Adrian said...

This sounds like the perfect start to summer! I can't wait to see your photos from Island Park too!

4boyzmdmom said...

That looks so fun!! I am with you on the bungee jumping / base jumping...that is something I will NEVER do!!

alyse said...

What was Dan doing in his work suit by the pool? lol. That looks like a super magical Idaho trip!! So fun for Haben and Winta to try horse back riding!! And Johnny as a wizard 😂😂