Sunday, November 24, 2019

Philippines- The Beach

We mostly spent our week in a very poor area of the city. So the add a little leisure to the work, we took one night away to the beach. This luxury resort was so much cheaper in the Philippines than it would have been in the U.S.A. And what's even better? We got to bring our new friends, Diane and Divine, and got a room for our driver too. They had never been anywhere like it before! It was such a treat to get to spoil them and give them some new life experiences. They are such good girls who worked hard in school and just want to get good jobs to help out their parents. 

We relaxed the whole day, ate all our meals at the restaurant, got bombarded by men selling pearls (they swarmed us like seagulls to bread crusts I tell you!) went swimming, spent hours hunting for shells, talking, taking fun photos, and teaching Divine and Diane some swimming lessons since it was their first time ever in water!


Our villa!

Every time we looked down to the beach, there he was, the most dedicated pearl seller of them all. haha

The ocean water was SO WARM.
I swear I never have so many photos of myself. haha This is what happens when you travel with other photographers.

Not a bad way to spend 24 hours of your life, I dare say.


All about the week!

2 comments:

Dayna said...

Nice place! I'll have to go someday :)

Lillybet said...

That’s swimming pool looks pretty awesome and who’s that sexy girl on the side? Anyway, I think the best part of all this is the fact that you got to share that time with two young Ladies and the driver of your car who had never had this experience. That’s what life’s all about. Being able to share with those who don’t have.