"Who's birthday?" you may be asking. A late birthday gift for June! I gave her this gift but we had to wait until I was done nursing Johnny and such and finally that day came and we were finally able to steal away. (funny Buck takes June camping and I take her to a hotel.)
I kept it simple. We went out to eat first and she chose Olive Garden and ate way too much food.
Then we checked into the hotel and for some reason we were "the guests of the day" so we got to take free stuff from their store...? Whatever, I wont complain!
We went swimming, really hot tubbing, first.
Then came back to the room and watched "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" because that's what we could find on the channels. I enjoyed teaching June about how that's the way TV was when I was a kid. 😅
And then we slept wonderfully. And had a lazy morning. (I feel like there is nothing better than that at this point in my life.)
Then we went and got breakfast at their restaurant. There was french toast and waffles, eggs and meats, fruits and pastries and what does June choose...? Fruit Loops.
Then June begged me to go swimming again but I was dressed so we compromised and I watched her swim. ;)
Eventually we had to check out and get to Hazel's soccer game. But it was a fun little getaway. June really loves hotels. You should have seen her! She got in there and immediately wanted to unpack all her stuff and organize it, like she was moving in. The care she took and how clean and concerned she was... why she doesn't feel such motivation at home is beyond me. ;) But it was cute to watch. Maybe there is some potential there. It was fun to swim, to talk, to each late night chocolate and cuddle. It was fun to sleep in our own queen sized beds (yes, that's how we roll.) Maybe I'll stick with hotels and continue to let Buck do the tent stuff. Especially if I can keep winning "guest of the day."
2 comments:
Creating memories with mom and dad are priceless and very important in the world we live in.
Guest of the day?! I swear you are the luckiest person I know. You always get people taking care of you like that. Ha ha! How perfect and fun!
Post a Comment