Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Happy 5th Birthday, Hazel!

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY HAZEL!

Hazel, you are something else, you know that? You love bats, monsters, and Halloween. You want to know the "how's" and "why's" of everything. Your memory is never failing and neither is your vocabulary. You want to learn to play the harp and to Irish dance. You love eating sprinkles and building with tools. With your sky blue eyes and messy copper curls, you are our fire cracker!


 You're never short on personality. Or emotions. You've had a big year of growing- with moving to a new home, getting new friends and dealing with those dynamics, getting a new baby brother, and dealing with your crazy parents. You started your second year of preschool and you've been doing an awesome job of learning how to read already. 


 You love to laugh, make jokes, be LOUD and goofy. But you also like your comforts and calm time. You are a home-body, or more so, you just want to be with the familiarity of your family. You don't love large groups either. You enjoy your time alone too, playing quietly making up games and playing pretend. But anyone who truly knows you knows that you can be the life of the party. You've also been called an "old soul" because of the words you use, thoughts you say, and questions that you have about life. 


 I'll be honest, I'm pretty tired of people naming their daughters "Hazel" haha. You've got this unique little spirit and sometimes I wonder if we should have named you something to fit that more. But yet, you're named after a couple different great, great, grandmas, and I'm pretty sure they must be watching over you because they had to crawl into my dreams to tell me what to name you. 


 One of my favorite things about you is that you want to know how everything works. You love to take things apart, examine them, and then figure out how to put them back together. I also love how silly you are. But one of my other favorite things is how helpful, kind, and caring you've grown to be with your siblings.  


 You are the kind of child I always hoped I would have.(as are your sisters and brothers 😉) Sometimes I catch myself just staring at you, marveling that you are mine. I've always heard parents express how they feel like the luckiest to have the kids that they do and now I understand that sentiment because Hazel basil, you are absolutely fantastic! That word doesn't even begin to fully express it but I'm not sure there's a word on this earth that would. Mostly, we just always and forever want you to know that we love you "all the way to Jupiter and back and around and forever never ending." 


 So happy birthday Hazel! This week we celebrate YOU!


Some quotes from the year:
What did the ice cream say to the cookie?
Wanna have a hamburger with me?

June: Hazel you are a serious girl. 
Hazel: Why?
June: You are a little girl and you say big words. 
Hazel: June, this is something serious. Little is a big word and big is a little word 
*takes bite of doughnut*

I know the pledge of allegiance. The Holy Ghost is in there. He’s invisible and under God. 

While sculpting with clay I said, “are you just making random stuff?” To which hazel replied, “no, I’m making different kinds of asteroids.” 

After excitedly finding her owl stuffed animals, “I’m going to go show June what life’s all about! 

After singing a 20 minute song about gravity, asteroids, mt. Everest, how stars are made, and a microphone, hazel says, “now I’m going to sing a new never-ending song. It’s about ‘yon virgin.’”

After teaching Hazel what a maiden name is she thoughtfully replied, "After I get married my new last name will be.... .. ... ... Grave yard!"

You need to put tar on the tires to drive up mt Everest so that they can stick to the snow.

After Hazel telling me that she wants a new mom, I tried to win her back over and asked, "What do you like about me though?" to which she replied, "I like that you have pink hair. And the husband you married."

Why is a rock famous? Because it has stars on it! (Rock Star) 

And now,  A list of truths, by Hazel: 

Fruits have seeds but vegetables do not. 



Bad guys don’t know truth but good guys do know truth. 



Slippers make your feet cozy but socks make them kind of cozy. 



Raspberries taste a little different, watermelon tastes juicy, and blueberries taste just right. 



Jesus loves us but Satan wants other people to be on his team. I love that one. It’s a special one. 



Temples are great but church’s are a little great.



Exciting things Hazel did this year:

Bowling
Lots of children's museums/museums/animal farms/zoo/aquarium
Walked a dog
Had lots of ice cream
Went to several plays
 Took swimming lessons
and Dance lessons
Has been attending preschool
Played in a salt cave
Went to a funeral
Chinese Lantern Festival 
Tulip festival
Did some service- gave away roses, made hygiene kits, and did earth day clean up
Hiking
Got a black eye
Moved homes
Splashed in Splash pads
Went camping
Kayaking
Helped raise Kittens
Rose rides at the Carnival
Wildflower festival
Became a big sister again/ got a brother!
Broke her wrist
Raspberry picking
and pumpkin picking
Went to the Grand Canyon
Climbed the red rocks of St. George 
Witch breakfast
Scarecrow festival
Dressed as a witch for Halloween 
Found out she only has one kidney
and kidney reflex .... 
 Went to Luminaria
Climbed on an ice island
and ice castles
Pet some snakes and other various reptiles
Added a new state to her list: Arizona



Birthday Interview

How old are you going to be? Five 
Full name? Hazel Mae Harrison
What do you look like? Blonde hair, pink stripes, and a black dress and green tights.
But what about your eyes? Blue
Hair color? copper
Favorite color? Gold
Favorite book? The book about me when I choose my stuff
Favorite show? Super Monsters
Favorite Animal?  Bats
Favorite toys ? Everything! Every food toy!
Favorite food? Quesadillas 
What makes you happy? Bum Bum (laughs)
What makes you sad? Getting hurt! 
What scares you? Zombies!
Makes you laugh? Jokes, super silly jokes and super silly wrestling!
What are you good at? Gymnastics
What favorites things do you take to bed? Sparkles (her new stuffed animal) A rainbow tail and mane and pink fur and purple sparkly eyes and golden hooves and a golden horn. And a white place for it's mouth and nose!
What do you want to be when you grow up? Super hero
What special powers will you have? Freezing powers, making warm powers, growing powers, helping get a life powers, and FLYING POWERS. And cutting powers. 
What’s a dangerous thing to do? Playing with a mattress. The mattresses that make fire! [matches]

If you had three wishes, what would they be? A huge stuffed animal that's super soft and black with shiny golden hooves and a sparkly golden fur and also... the biggest goblin stuffed animal that's super super duper fluffy, and a big humongous box I can make into stuffed animal pajamas- one for a goblin and one for a unicorn.
Where’s your favorite place to go? The bouncy house
Favorite bugs? lady bugs
Least favorite? Spiders
Where are you from? American of the united states
What’s your favorite Jesus story? Gethsemane

What’s your favorite song? Will you sing it? What does the fox say! 
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? England- So I can see all of the different words you can say and learn them.
What's your favorite thing to learn about? Puppies.
Will you sing blackbird? *sings*
 Then Buck attacks Hazel with Johnny



And a little bonus video:

6 comments:

Lillybet said...

The problem is I comment on the Facebook blog and then I feel funny commenting in here again but just so that you have it on the record I just love her smile’s and I can hear her giggles behind all the smiles. I love all her thoughts that you have recorded and I specially love her singing “Black bird“. Something special about her, (as with all of my grandkids).

Adrian said...

Ha ha! She really is such a charter. The "...And the husband you married." quote was my favorite. Happy Birthday Hazel!

Max and Rebecca said...

Oh Hazel! I just love her, and I'm still astounded about how similar our second-born children are. Miles has a million questions about gravity and death. Hazel fascination with Halloween is Hilarious. I haven't had a chance to watch the videos yet look forward to it soon! Also, I hope she learns a lot of new words in England...hahaha!

RAQ said...

Awesome, she's such a delight!

Erinlizabeth said...

That video at the end is the bomb.com. He has so many expressions! And Harrison birthdays are my favorite because it’s INTERVIEW TIME! I love Hazel. I feel like all the boys are going to be chasing this gorgeous girl but she’s just going to be oblivious... off trying to fix a car or something...

4boyzmdmom said...

Haha, Hazel is amazing!! She reminds me a lot of you! I've always wanted to go to England too (maybe for a different reason!) so we will just have to go together someday. :)