Saturday, May 12, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! 
As a mother's day gift to myself I spontaneously took my girls, baby bump, and stressed-to-the-max self to the magical lilac wall for some photos, because I guess I wanted to push my sanity off a cliff for good. ;) So it was all kind of comical to me, and really very fitting for this time of life. I am maxed out yet there's yet another child on the way, and this particular recent day had been a very hard one for me. The girls were not dressed up in any special, planned outfits- just what they had been wearing that day. Yet there we were, pretty flowers, wonderful girls, and a determined me. 

And when all of that is the case, you take whatever photos you can get. 
But over all, these turned out perfect. I wanted to write some moving piece on mother's day but I'm too exhausted to think and I feel like these photos tell the story I want to tell anyway.  
💜

As tired as I look, haha 
Here's the baby boy bump at 24 weeks

In the end, all the girls really wanted to was to play in this random crater of mud. They ended up covered in dirt. This also seemed like a fitting way to wrap things up.

So here's to the three little crazy girls who make me a mother. 💜 Here's to the little son on his way. 

Here's to my mom- any good thing I've ever done for my girls has been from her example in my life. 

Here's to a wonderful mother in law who is involved in our lives and who raised the most wonderful man.

Here's to my grandmas who inspire me to keep going with the legacy's they've made.

Here's to my sisters who are the sweetest mothers to watch.

Here's to all my friends who lift me up on my dark mother days and show me it will all be okay. 

Here's to women everywhere, who truly are "mothers" in every way, kids or not, we are all born with innate desire to care for others and things and to live beautiful lives full of creating.

And here's to the good days and the bad ones. 
And to walls of lilacs.
 
Happy Mother's day. 💖

5 comments:

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

Storytelling at its finest ❤️

Lillybet said...

These Picts are perfect. They do tell the real story. I love the close-up of June in the lilacs. And your expressions of frustration and realness are ones we all experience. Yep, there were days and still are when I just want to get in my car and run away but then I’m never sure where I want to run away to because like you I don’t want to be alone. Now if my family could all run away to the deserted island with me then I would be fine.😍

Max and Rebecca said...

They did turn out perfect! I bet that lilac wall smelled heavenly. I love Hazel's first photo, and June's photo with her face in the flowers and when both big girls are smiling as Rose is falling. haha and the crater of mud...of course they would play in a crater of mud.

Anna said...

Happy (belated;) Mothers day. Time is flying and I haven't commented on any of your posts in such a long time... still enjoy reading them though :) congratulations on being pregnant with baby boy! It's amazing, what you do with 3 kids, a new house AND being pregnant. I'm pregnant and just have one kid to deal with, and I think that's already exhausting ;) sending strength and good wishes your way for stressful days and crazy times.

Adrian said...

This is the best bush ever! I am so happy you shared it with me :)