Oh hey, everyone. I hope y'all had a belly-filling thanksgiving this year. We went to Boise to be with my family. And while it started out as a belly-full time, it certainly turned into quite the opposite for me. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
First of all, the day before the holiday, we tried to get some family photos taken. Here are a few taken either by me or with my camera by my parent's friend who came to take photos for us as well:
The candy sunset!
Fun times.
The day of Thanksgiving the girls made cards and picked out treats and then we took those around to the fire station, police station, and hospital to say "Thank you" for working during the holidays.
We had a lot of fun and there will be a blog post more about it later but for now I want to highlight the fire station stop. We got to go in and tour the fire truck. Ginny was not thrilled and June and Hazel were hesitant (not like it was their first time, but whatever) But then they were jealous that I got to go in the truck and turn on the lights so finally they took a turn too. I'm adding all the photos because while there is one story going on of me in the window of the truck, there is also another story happening if you look closely.
Good times.
This photo makes me laugh for a few reasons.
A cousin past time, playing "Crab."
Once we were back home it was time to get the food ready...
And snitch it...
The cutest turkey plates!
The cutest nephew!
And.... the grumpiest Rose.... you can't win ALL the photos, right?
Yes, our cat Luna made the journey with us there.
My mom is cute and made "turkey leg" bags with little toys inside that the girls got as incentive to eat all their food (tough life.)
The food was perfect! My mom and sister (and Dad and Dan?) did an amazing job. (Yeah, I was no help. Just wanted to channel my teenager years I guess? I don't even know what happened.)
Kids table for the win!
The face of someone who's about to be sick....
And then I went downhill and never came back up. But guess what did come back up.....?
Sigh.
I HATE THE STOMACH FLU.
And I had it the rest of every day that we were there. :( It was sad. I was sad. It was rough, man. I've never had it hold onto me for so long! So all the other plans we had were off. But it's fine, I'm trying to focus on the blessings like the fact that with my parents and Buck there to watch the girls I actually got to be sick! Like lay in bed and be left alone. That NEVER happens as a mom! So I'll be grateful for that.
And this sunset that happened one of our last nights.
Maybe better luck next time Boise, maybe next time.





































3 comments:
After talking to you I am scared that we are going to catch this! Looks like a good trip before the barf...
I brought the flu to my parent's house in 2013 and my mom was convinced I was pregnant. She was so excited . . . until the next morning when she caught it! ha ha ha. I'm sorry that happened. But you're right - how often do you get to be a sick mom and lay in bed!? And I LOVE that you did the service to the fire station, etc. Wish I had thought to do that last week!
The family pictures are lovely. Sorry you got sick!!! I like those Mickey & Minnie Mouse pilgrim salt & pepper shakers!!
Post a Comment