The morning of Hazel's birthday party, the girls woke up early and busted
out of their room. We jumped up to catch them, half asleep. Hazel was excited to see a giant Ariel balloon and decorations. We let her
open her presents and she was cute about it; really polite. We had special mermaid marshmallow
cereal.
Buck said, "Make a bat girl face!" and while keeping this expression carefully said, "I am."
Then we got dressed in our
swimming suits- Hazel got a new mermaid one. My family came over too.
And then we all headed to the pool we rented for her party.
(Cute invitation made lovingly by my friend Carrie!)
Cousins. Ginny's the boss.
#squadgoals
Everyone
showed up- lots of family and friends. It was
super fun. Most everyone swam and I loved that it was a fun family
thing for all. Hazel got a new mermaid tail too and she loved it!
We also hired a mermaid to come! She jumped in and splashed around. She had a sea shell covered bra with fish net and a white sparkly tail. Black hair and pearl earrings. At first our girls were shy and Carrie's girls were obsessed and just followed the mermaid around haha it was cute. But then Hazel spent some time with her and the mermaid gave her a special shell necklace. Then she gave “wishes” (marbles) to all the kids. There was also the “handler” there dressed like a pirate. Random times. But I think it was fun. I hope Hazel felt special.
Most of the kids
And the weird mom
Pirate...
As everyone was getting out Hazel
said that her body hurt. As she got out and then sat down on a chair
to open presents she suddenly yelled to me, “I'm throwing up!”
And I got down by her and helped her catch the puke in her hands. It
was so sad! Then she sadly said, “Birthday over.” I could have
cried!
She felt a tiny better enough to open
presents and hastily blow out her candles. But then she just
collapsed in my arms and asked to go home. It was the saddest. I am
grateful that she was well enough to enjoy the
swimming party. I feel God blessed her to get sick after all of that.
But it was still sad.
Aunt Jade made the cake and cupcakes. Hazel had a hard time choosing between an Ariel, pink spider, or clown cake. So Jade gave her all three. haha
Poor girl was feeling so sick.
She ended up puking the rest of the evening and then spent the next two days with a really high fever. It was the saddest. But thankfully by Monday night she was feeling a bit better so we had her blow out her candles again, sang Happy Birthday, and finally, she got to eat her birthday cake.
![]() |
| Not impressed with the pink flame? ;) |
Hazel, if you're reading this one day when you're older, I hope you know how loved you are and that I will always try and make your birthdays special, even when you're sick! We love you and love watching you grow!




































6 comments:
Catching puke in your hands. That is the #1 job skill of being a mom.
I'm finally getting caught up on your blog. What an epic party. I think my boys still don't know what mermaids are. Charlie saw this and said..."For Halloween, I want to be a dolphin with glasses!" anyway, That's so sad that she got sick, and I think my favorite picture is the one of her touching her new necklace!
A very fun party minus Hazel getting sick! Also, it took me looking at that super cape for a very long time to see the bat. I was looking at the silver reverse image and wondering why you gave her some weird cape with a guy with an afro on it. Haha!
It was so fun! I'm glad that my girls obsession didn't get in the way of the birthday girl getting the special treatment- I was worried haha
These pics just make my heart burst. I wish I had her hair!
Oh, so sad that she got sick!! I'm glad she got to enjoy most of her party before that happened, though.
First off, you look amazing two/three months after having a baby - so jealous.
Secondly, where they heck did you find a mermaid and how did you go about finding her!?
Third, poor Hazel. That is the biggest bummer. I'm glad she feels better!
Post a Comment