We had an extra special family night this week. Thanks to my mom, who had been here all week to help me out (which deserves its own post) she was able to hang out with Rose while we went to this new light show/exhibit thing. We had planned to go before Rose came but the night of our tickets the lights weren't working so we got to come back any night of the season and this was the only time it worked out. Buck's parents also came.
Anyway, it's at the Thanksgiving Point gardens, which you've seen us go to a lot. They transformed the place into a magical light land. The pictures don't do it justice. There were so many lights! And themes and creativity! And there were smells- like on the peppermint candy cane lane it smelt like peppermint! And pine scents in the forests and things like that. Lots of attention to details. The only downside was it was SO COLD. Let's all move to Hawaii and out lots of lights up there instead.
Anyway, here was the Poinsettia green house at the beginning.
Anyway, here was the Poinsettia green house at the beginning.
Under/inside the tree
This area had two real reindeer and some fire pits and a place to buy some sweets.
This was an incredible light show. See the end of the post for a video of it! It was so cool!
And then you entered the new Christ statue area where there are dozens of Him through his earthly life. The whole tone changed, there were thousands of lanterns and powerful violin singing "Oh come oh come Emmanuel" as you entered. It was amazing!
Towards the end there was the S'mores land with fire pits and kits to purchase.
And now here is the video!
I'm so grateful I was able to go to this and have a Christmasy night after being stuck at home for weeks!

































4 comments:
We thought about doing this. The price is what deterred me. I have heard it was worth the cost though so perhaps next year. It does look magical.
We were so glad we were able to go with you, it was just so beautiful!
Wow! I love all the things they do at Thanksgiving Point! I wish I lived near enough that I could enjoy some of them!
That is incredible! And it sounds so cold! My favorite part was your and Buck's commentary during the video! haha!
Post a Comment