Monday, November 21, 2016

Party On

My birthday day was perfect. For starters, it was on a Saturday, so that's always a win. And then It was filled with little adventures, good food, and family. 

To start, Friday evening I got to go out on a girls night with two of my good friends. We stayed out late talking and talking and talking. It was everything I wanted. 
The next morning, on my actual birthday, I was woken up with commands to stay in bed and then a little while later this appeared, announcing it was time for me to arise:


 This birthday felt like one of my favorites ever because the girls are both old enough to be involved and they were SO excited for me and to make me feel special and well, it worked. I loved seeing them be so happy for me and love me. 

 June actually made a list weeks ago in preparation for my birthday. The night before while I was gone, Buck took them to the store to get me gifts and decorations. Buck told me how June took her list on a clip board and went around to the party store employees asking them where each thing was. I love how much she wants to take care of those she loves. Hazel also picked out some cute little gifts and she was bursting with pride giving them to me. THE BEST.
  After presents I had some pink birthday pancakes and we hung out for a little bit and various family members called to sing me happy birthday. And my cousin Alyse stopped by with some flowers!
 Originally I wanted to go to the mountains because I wanted to be somewhere calming, good for the mind, and exploratory for the family. And even though the weather did get sunny on my birthday, it was still a little too chilly for me.... so I thought of the next best place that would be indoors and realized that a good art museum would also fit those requirements. So that's what we did! And it was a good time, although not as calming as the mountains since, you know, young kids in an art museum.... but it was still pretty great. 
  I title this one: Nervous
  Forcing the girls to look like they are having a moment with me. ;)
 And then some emotional break downs to keep things real.
  Hazel kept running away to go be with this sculpture.
 Outdoor area
 How distant and difficult to see my feet are these days
 Some birthday roses

Once we got home and Hazel down for her nap, I got to go get a massage thanks to my (soon to be) sis in law, Lauren! Here's a photo of the calming light. ha But it was the best and I was so relaxed and happy.
And then we were off to dinner with Buck's family! I wanted some seafood but didn't want to pay a million dollars but also didn't want to risk it Red Lobster so that landed us at Joe's Crab Shack and that ended up being the best choice. They are so kid friendly there. They gave the girls the usual crayons and coloring menu but also some toy sharks, there was a wall of dress ups, and a lady going around making balloon animals! If it was warmer outside they have a playground too. Good thing I like sea food... may be our new go-to place. ;)
I was so proud and happy of my crab legs. Which is a weird sentence but I'm just going to leave it the way it is. 

After a great dinner we took the girls home to a babysitter and then went out to a movie. I thought by this point that I may die being so pregnant but there was an extra seat in the theater and I was able to lay down on Buck and enjoy the whole movie. We saw the new "Fantastic Beasts" movie and it was really great! 

And I ended the night taking a hot bath with a bath melt. Because, well, 31.

The next morning my apparent birthday weekend continued and Buck made me the traditional coffee cake and it was great. Then the girls made me my actual birthday cake, which had to be pink since June had it that way on her list. 
 Seriously, it was a great weekend! I am spoiled and ready to take on this new year. :)

3 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

Your birthday sounds amazing and exhausting. My 31st..you know a whole month ago...was pretty lame. But on Saturday (your birthday) Max and I got to go on an all-day date and do so many fun things which also involved seeing that same movie...so that's exciting! I love how excited your girls get to celebrate. My boys are starting to get to that point but then they lose focus...haha! Also, this made me want to go to an art museum (without kids) and eat a whole lot of crab legs!

4boyzmdmom said...

I love the "Nervous" picture...haha!! But Hazel yelling "surprise!!" was seriously the cutest thing ever. And that little party planner June with her list...awesome! Glad you had a great day!!

Erinlizabeth said...

I wish I was there for this. Boo.