Friday, November 11, 2016

Kids Say the Darndest things

I'm admittedly kind of disorganized when it comes to keeping a record of the silly things my girls say. Most of them get put in my journal. Then most of those get put into the letters I write to them. And then I send lots of funny ones to our families in a group text. And then there are a handful of them I keep on my phone. So why not add a random sampling to the blog? 

 First up-
JUNE:
"Why is there tape in your room?"
"Oh, I was going to tape my baby on the wall."

While going to the bathroom, "It's just a 'worker poop.' They are kind of spiky. Maybe it will come out if I tell it a joke. 'Hey poop! It's just a swimming pool down there!"

"Hazel! Let's go save the world!" 

"According to my book, we're suppose to have a party in your room!"

While trying on an elaborate princess costume, "I.... kinda look like a bad guy!" (I guess maybe she meant an evil queen or something?)

YAWN "Do you know why I'm yawning? Because it's morning time! And now my hiccups went away! Now they are in my bones!"

"You can't come into my palace. That's creepy."

"I want to live in an outer space castle! And Daddy will bring Santa!"

"Shiver me timbers! You are the princess and we are trapping you. Once you set foot on this ship you are trapped! You have to be part of our crew! Swab the decks!"

Telling a story, "I was a half princess, half queen, stuck together. I had a princess tiara and skirt but big queen rings on all my fingers and earrings."

After drawing cards for all the family, she said in a proud voice, "I just said a prayer that when I see Heavenly Father and Jesus that I will have cards for them too!"

Talking about her new crush in Kindergarten, "Koa's heart and my heart are stuck together. Because I like him! Sometimes when there's a handsome boy and a pretty girl their hearts start singing and then they get stuck together!"

"It's okay. I can just make more money! Maybe another restaurant! No, maybe a doctor's office this time!"

"Mom, maybe Hazel can marry Koa because she has curly hair and he has curly hair! And he doesn't listen to the teacher and she doesn't listen to you!"

"I want to meet a boy from every country. I might need to borrow your car....."

I told the joke, "What do you call two brothers? A SUNSET!" to which June replied instantly, "What do you call two sisters? Diamonds!"
Agreed June, agreed. :)

Her future kids' names: Car Power, Flower Nick, and Bumblebee. I can't wait for our future grand children.

Kindergarten photo
All of the other kids came running to greet their parents after the school field trip to the pumpkin patch was over, each one carrying a perfectly orange, round pumpkin, curved stem on top. As I searched for June I saw her in the back of the line, no pumpkin in her arms, just her sweater, and I wondered what happened, why didn't she have a pumpkin? She spotted me and came running and as she got to me a smile formed on her face as she unwrapped her sweater to reveal a very small, squatty green pumpkin, no stem. "Mom, I picked this one because it was the cutest one there! It's for our baby!" And I was so proud in that moment. So proud. She's definitely my daughter, going for the different and unique. Thinking through what she wanted, despite what everyone else was getting!  haha! It was the best.

Hazel:
"Hazel, do you want you banana cut up?"
"NO! I want it cut DOWN."

"Yar! You're trapped! Shiber me timbers!" 

"I'm a big girl, actually."

"I had a scary dream about a ghost! But I killed him with my knife!" (ummm yikes?)

"Where do you want to go on a date with daddy?" 
"To a beach! To a PINK beach!"

"Next Halloween I am going to be a bat! I will have a BLACK face and wings and I will fly around and bite and bite and bite and bite....." as she runs around in circles and then runs out of the room and through the house.

Climbing into the car and into her car seat all by herself, as requested, she flings one leg up high while the other is on the ground, "This is my trick! This is my work out!"

Whenever she doesn't want to go somewhere she tells me "Mom, my legs are broken" or when it's time to clean, "My hands are just broken." 

 "I was a little, little pirate! And I painted the ship with my hand! And then the monkey and the human came. George and the yellow hat! They were sitting on the boat and then Pluto fell down in his water. And George went out to smoke." ....

After finishing telling her story, "Now you say your story and I say nuffin."

While facetiming Erin and Ginny, Ginny was crying and upset so Hazel said, "Ginny, I love you! I want you to be happy!"

Talking to our cat, Miso, "I know you. I know you and you're cool."

"Witches have bums!" and then in a hushed voice, "Ursula has a bum too!"


Hazel is one of the most animated story tellers and with anything she says really. She likes to strike a post on the last word in certain sentences too, like, "I      am      Going     to    eat     PIZZA!!!!!" Pose on "pizza." She loves "bum jokes" and making impressive voices for different characters. She is quite the character herself!

And now I am going to keep better track of the things they say, and I'll post this and then they will say some more great things right after so, this probably wont be the last post like this that you see. ;)

4 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

Yes, I love the things kids say!! I wasn't really consistent about keeping track of the funny things my kids said, either, but I have a little notebook somewhere with some of them. And a lot of them are scattered in letters I sent to my parents.

It was so fun to read the things YOUR girls had to say!

Lillybet said...

These are priceless. I don't know if you remember but when I was there babysitting she said to me "kids will save the world". So that is similar to the one she said to Hazel where she said "Hazel, let's go save the world." She definitely has something there 😉

Max and Rebecca said...

I love this, and even if it is disorganized, you still have a lot documented! I'm kicking myself in the foot now for not documenting these things very well. I love June's pep talk with her poop, and her quote about hearts singing, and it's crazy how into boys she is!! I think Miles and Hazel would get along just fine with their bum jokes and story telling. All of Miles stories end with "...I put it in the potty and flushed it away!" But most of my boys' funniest quotes are about their boy parts! haha! Keep putting these quotes on the blog...I love them!

Adrian said...

I am glad you decided to share some of these on your blog. Kids seriously say the funniest things!