Thursday, May 12, 2016

Happy Mothers Day!

A late but Happy Mothers Day to every woman! I was planning to make a post for the day like I've done in the past but I was too busy relaxing I guess. ;) But I want to make it publicly known, once again, that my mom is amazing! Seriously, I actually don't tend to think every day that I'm a horrible mom, in fact, I've been pretty proud of myself. And truly the only reason is that MY mom was and is so amazing. I have followed after her and that is whole reason why I am doing a good job. 
(I know, mother's day is really hard on a lot of people and maybe the reason is that you didn't have a mom around or your relationship was tough. If this is the case, it does not mean that you are not going to be a good mother. I am simply speaking for myself and my experience.)

I also have an amazing mother in law and it's been so wonderful to have her here in Utah with us! We are excited for the summer so that we can make her come on adventures with us! (she is a school teacher and busy during the year except summer yay!) 

This year was simple and nice. The girls made me custom painted frames with photos in them. And thanks to church they both came home with hand print art. Buck got me a pretty vase of flowers.

I loved that June also made me a necklace. She is always making these but this one was extra special because she put a sea lion bead on it and called it a sea otter and sea otters are my favorite and she was so proud of herself.
And for the most important part of mother's day, THE FOOD ;),  I was very spoiled. 
Eggs Benedict for breakfast and for dinner at Buck's parents house we brought stuff for swiss fondue and french bread and his dad got me crab legs and butter! It was everything I ever dreamed of.


A couple days before Mother's day, Buck took me on the most epic date. There's this traveling show called Cavalia, Odysseo and it's made by the guys who did Cirque de Soleil so it's full of artful acrobatics and crazy things like people who can flip a hundred times in a row and others who dance in hanging ribbons. But this show is also unique because they incorporated horses! They have like 65 horses and they got to also preform and be apart of the show, doing all sorts of cool horse things. It was truly SO COOL. Expensive, but SO COOL. Thanks for spoiling me Buck. :)




4 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

Wow! Lots of fun Mother's Day stuff. That show looks amazing!

Adrian said...

It is all about the food isn't it? ;) That show looks so epic!

Max and Rebecca said...

Happy Mother's day to you! you are an excellent mother! What sweet gifts from your girls, and an excellent date from Buck!

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

The sea otter!!! It was funny thinking of those crab legs as your dreams come true ha ha. Happiest Mother's Day!!