Friday, May 27, 2016

Preschool Graduate

Well. We did it people! We made it through the first experience of a school life. Well, okay, so it was just preschool three days a week, but it's good that we get to work our way up to full time once first grade starts. (which I wish was another five years away. tear.) But June loved her preschool and the friends and teacher! She learned so many things including the beginnings of reading and she's been so proud of herself. 

First day:
Last day! 

June ended up being sick the day of her little graduation. It didn't hit fully until afterwards though so I was grateful for that and that we were able to go, even if she looked like this at first:
She got into it though and had a great time!
The pledge of Allegiance:
Little diplomas:

Singing the songs they learned:



June and Mrs. Stephanie

The big girl!
I love that I caught this moment. Maybe Hazel is just checking out the weird hat her sister is wearing but whatever, I love how June always helps Hazel and how Hazel looks up to her.
Also, we didn't get a photo all together but Buck was also there and so were the girls Nana and Pops!

To celebrate we went and got donuts!
And then later, June threw up that donut.... sad.

The next day she was well enough and it was in the window of Hazel being okay and we were able to go to the play that I got tickets for to celebrate preschool graduation. Buck wasn't able to make this but my sister was in town and she was able to come and it was a good girls trip to go see Sleeping Beauty.
We are so proud of June and all the ways she has grown and learned this past year! As scary as it is to see time go by so quickly, it is also so amazing and fun to watch our girls grow up! Every day feels like the best day and while we'll miss the simple baby days, I am really loving these big girl days too.

5 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

Congratulations to June! I am impressed how coordinated their performance was. Also,I'm sure June will be a great and ready for Kindergarten, (and I'm secretly happy we still have another year before we start that)

rachel garber said...

What donut place is that?!

June is so cute.

Adrian said...

Such a big girl! That play looks so fun too!

4boyzmdmom said...

I want to know about the donut place too...gotta go there when I'm there!

Enjoy these days...you'll blink, and she'll be graduating from high school!!

I remember feeling a little panicked about sending my first child to school, but it IS great to see your kids grow up!

Lillybet said...

How time flies. I don't know if I want her to start kindergarten next year.