More fall festivities! In my effort to not over do it this season, it appears that maybe I failed... but let me assure you that there have been MANY days of us just playing in the backyard or being inside watching shows. But still somehow we managed to do some fun things this month. Like the pumpkin train.
The
train ride was fun. It wasn't completely what they make it seem to be
and it's more money than I think it should be but whatever. The train
itself was awesome, old and charming. It was the least crowded day.
It moved super slow for a couple miles. Some kids got on dressed as
cheap pumpkins and cats and danced with the kids. A lady as a witch
came and did some games. They gave us pumpkin cookies. And then it
creeped its way back a couple miles. Super random.
But
it was totally worth it for me as a photographer- I've never been on
an old train like that and the photo opportunities were amazing. And
the girls loved it and loved hanging out the windows. June made best
friends with the witch. We went with some good friends and it was a unique experience.
At
the end we got to get some pumpkins off on an old box car. I guess
that was their pumpkin patch.... at any rate, we have a lot of
pumpkins now.
And here are some fun photos my friend Lindsey took:
The drive there and back was knock-your-socks-off stunning. I truly love this state for its landscape! I took this photo while driving so I didn't even look at what I was doing, so I was happy over all with how it turned out. ;)
Anyway. We went on a "pumpkin train" so there's that. Thanks for joining in on the fun here!































6 comments:
This last photo is amazing! it looks like a picture. all your fall activities look so much fun. october in utah must be great. here it is mainly gray, cold and misty
First, I want that last picture framed in my house. Second, we should take over that company and make it amazing. When we went at Christmas, basically the train was the only thing they had going for them. But it could be sooooo cool!!!
I agree with Erin. That last picture is amazing and I'm so glad you're still alive after driving at the same time as taking it. Looks like a fun time and I like the pictures of people looking out of the train windows.
My sister did this. Looks fun. We have never gone on "the creeper."
I love that last picture as well as the scenery you could see out the train windows. And the pictures of the kids looking out the windows (hanging out the windows too!) are great!
How have I not commented on this? I love the train photos, you did such an amazing job with them! I love old trains too, I grew up with train obsessed brothers and now have train obsessed sons. We had tickets to do something like this at one point a couple years ago but had a conflict so we've never gone. Also, Ddoom Dosher...hahaha!
Post a Comment