Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Leaf

by:me

With every leaf that falls away, 
It marks the time, a passing day
From green, to yellow, brown and red,
Words for the future, now gone and said,
The trees grow older, bodies too,
Once tiny fingers, helpless, new,
One day to wrinkle, tire out
From picking leaves while going 'bout.

 Wonder never leaves us, no
But we the shoo-ers, too busy, go
Along our path of hurried haste,
Magic laying in the waste.

So take a moment, steal away,
The moments sing, make hours sway,
Calm and slow, a lullaby,
Your minutes stop, there's no good bye
Just simple gathering of colors bold,
Before the ground is barren, cold.

For a now, a moment, soft wind blows,
Here and now a rare love grows,
So grab it while its yours to take,
These memories are yours to make.


4 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

I love your poem! And the photos of course! and your girls are so beautiful!

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

Anna!!!!! You delete that disclaimer right now! Seriously. Like tossing dirt on your flower arrangement! I nearly pulled my hair out!!

Lillybet said...

I agree with Tanya. You don't need a disclaimer. I'm sure it would take me several days to write any poem. Autumn does seem to help us slow down a bit and reflect more and your poem and pictures show that.

4boyzmdmom said...

Lovely poem and pictures. I guess you listened and took out the disclaimer? Because I don't see one! :)