Friday, October 9, 2015

Annual Raspberry Picking

And now it's back to normal life after Maine.

This year we barley made it to the raspberry patch! Well, I mean, we tried to go one time and it was closed, and I made plans two other times but it rained or I got the wrong hours again. Then we were gone for a week and I worried it wouldn't work. But we made it just two days before they closed down for the season! It was harder to find very many raspberries but I really cared more about the experience. Other friends who normally join in each year were not able to go but we were able to bring some new friends with us and they loved it, so there's that. 

In the end we had fun! Hazel was a little mad about all the branches that hit her face ;) but it was a good time. 

  The kids got to feed the random animals some apples.

 Our haul

 June was helping to calm Hazel down and it was cute.

 And as always, they tell you to pick some flowers for free on your way out! This place it my favorite and I'm so happy we made it there again.

4 comments:

Tanya Hanamaikai said...

How is Hazel big enough to wear that Jedi shirt?? Rewind! Rewind!

Max and Rebecca said...

I had no idea that raspberries were still around this late. But I'm glad you made it, I have wonderful memories picking raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and peaches when I was little!

Adrian said...

Yay for finally getting to go! Such a great tradition.

4boyzmdmom said...

I love the pictures of Hazel...especially the one where she and the deer are looking right into each other's faces, and the one of her squatting with the raspberry bucket. Those flowers are beautiful too!