Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Change of Plans


The girls, my friend Alicia, and I went to pick raspberries, our annual tradition, but it was closed! Big bummer. We decided to improvise and we went to the Indian temple to surprise napping June when she woke up at “Aladdin's house.” Yes, I know, it's not Arabian at all, it's Hindu; Indian. But She doesn't know that and to her it looks just like his palace. So we got there and woke her up. I had to tell her though that Aladdin and Jasmine were at Disneyland and not currently home. We explored. We visited the peacocks and llamas they have on the property. Hazel LOVED the llamas. Then we went into the temple where we had to take our shoes off. There are woven rugs, instruments, glittering statues, chandeliers, and paintings of different God's. We also went out and walked around the large balcony.
On the bottom floor there is a store and restaurant. There was an Indian man there. I saw a sign about palm reading and asked who did it and he said it was him! Just so happens one of my life goals is to have my palms read, so I forked over the only $10 bill I had and discovered my future. ;)

He said that I'm a helper to those in need. A Good person. (fhew!) I am going to have two more kids and they will be boys. He said I have many struggles. (didn't think so currently but sure, everyone does in life at some point.) He told me that I get confused sometimes. (ha ha...) But that I have a strong support from my family and this helps. I have a happy marriage. But if I would have married the other guy before Buck I would have been divorced in a year. I only believe in one God. It's a good thing I wear a diamond on my ring finger because it's near my weak spot something, something about Jupiter and Mars? (he had a strong accent) I will live healthy into my 80's. I will travel to many countries. So there you have it. Life goal check.

So then with that we left and got snow cones. This was a bad choice.

As I was backing up in the parking lot I totally hit a car! It was just weird. I was going one way but kind of changed directions to go out a different spot. It was dumb and weird. The people eating snow cones saw it happen and some lady GASPED and threw her hand over her mouth like I had just hit a child. The lady who owned the car came over and very sharply said, “You need to park and get out!” Umm, thank you... I know that.....

So I get out and bring my insurance card.  She said, "So is this your parents insurance?" To which I nearly busted up laughing and said, “Uh, no. I'm 29!” She looked embarrassed and said “Oh....” Yeah, since she was treating me like a jerk!

Okay so she was not happy I hit her car and I TOTALLY understand that. I would be bothered and grumpy too. She wasn't really mean to me (once she discovered my age.) But she was kind of dramatic. It was like she kept trying to find things I was trying to get away with or something, like I hit her on purpose for some evil plan I had. I was looking over the damage and really it was mostly just smudges. And it was wiping off! It's like she wanted the damage to be worse. She showed me a reflector light and said it popped out and she put it back in. Okay.... so that's good then? But no that meant it was broken deep inside somewhere. Right.... When I showed her the marks were wiping right off she snapped, “Well there are broken pieces so we'll let 'them' figure it out.” Sheesh.

Basically, it was a weird and random day.  To see my other trips to this temple click HERE or HERE. It's been fun to try and get some different photos of the same things each time. 

3 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

June napped!
I've only been to that temple when it was the festival of colors which was a madhouse, that would be really neat to go there when it was so peaceful! And hooray for finally having your palms read, especially in a not-so-sketchy place ;)
And your car accident, that's a bummer!

Adrian said...

Well good thing you married Buck instead! Sorry about that accident. That stinks. I agree with Rebecca though. How fun to visit the temple when it's calm. I have only been during the festival.

4boyzmdmom said...

I have not visited the that temple at all and I need to do that the next time I am in Utah! That palm reading actually sounded pretty accurate. Sorry about the fender bender and the grumpy lady!