Hello! Welcome to another photo purge. Stick around and enjoy the randomness.
Like these two photos. I forgot I had them and I think they are about two months old, which in my blogging world that makes them ancient. But look! Once upon a time we had snow and one night the moon was so full and bright that it cast shadows from our tree resembling a large web.
And here's a sunrise and more long shadows. I like my views.
You can even find incredible sunsets in the grocery store parking lot if you stop to notice.
Now for my babies. Matching pajamas and a lazy morning
And a post-bath time photo.
Here's Hazel rocking a sweatshirt that I wore back in the 1980's. It was such a gem to find out that my mom had saved some clothes.
And here she is wearing one of my old coats! (and a polar bear hat)
June is becoming quite the builder
Some stills from June's dance class. She's been loving it and her favorite part is the tap dance. (they do tap, ballet, creative movement, and gymnastics all within the hour!)
I love my natural waves in my hair, but underneath the top layer I find these perfect curls and I want them all!
June got a Harley jacket from her cool uncle Ben. We were being silly and she was making faces like everyone. This first one was a cool dude:
This is her Uncle Ben:
This was Buck: (he was having a grumpy week haha)
And this was me: (apparently I was having a great week.) ;)
One evening we spontaneously went to the curiosity museum for the last 45 minutes before it closed. Now that's living on the edge people!
We had our Armenian friends over for dinner. I made my Armenian dolma for them and it was the first time I've made it for Armenians so I was nervous they would say it was bad (because Armenians always tell you the truth.) But they said it was great! So now I'm legit.
This is a picture of our bathroom door. At nighttime. But I love how the nightlight makes a heart on the door. It's not a heart night light. It just really loves being our night light.
I did a crown braid!
A typical scene while I'm trying to make dinner. Cat fur anyone?
Sometimes I get antsy and I take drives. I found this on one of those drives. I wonder what the story was for this poor chair.
Fun times at the aquarium with friends!
June gasped and exclaimed, "A rainbow!" and then she started singing "Somewhere! Over the Rainbow!..." She's great.
Warm Febrauary weather and the sand box. And a plumber's crack.
It was a good morning. We were the only two awake and we sat by the fire. Hazel grew mesmerized by the swaying orange flames and she just rested her little head on my chest and watched. Some early mornings aren't so bad.
I've recently become obsessed with milk steamers. I add vanilla and white chocolate flavors. And always whipped cream. And when I'm having a little date with June we add pink sprinkles.
One day we baby sat June's beloved friend Abby. I took all three girls to the dollar store and I felt super accomplished.
Hazel in the waiting room for her one year check up.
When everyone was here for the party last weekend, they also came and supported June during her first ever talk in Primary at church.
Which... made her rather shy and she wouldn't say a word! haha
Aquarium time with Grandma!
Sushi with Nana and Pops. June also stabbed her mouth with a chop stick and then cried and panicked and coughed and threw up! It was... not our best trip to sushi...
Aunt and Grandma heart sandwich!
June's been making some great drawings. Here is one she titles: Hazel with a messy face!
My sister took back the painting she'd been letting me borrow for three and a half years. I was sad. It's become a backdrop for our home. But have no fear, we found another one already! (I move on quickly after heart break I suppose.)
Real men look like this when they are assembling a table.
June got to go to a Ninja Turtle party. She's the one in the purple mask on the floor with dark blue pants.
Hitting the pinata!
Rainbow painted nails, at her request.
I saw this strawberry one morning and I related to it with my morning bed hair.
At the Curiosity Museum. Hazel commanding the water table.
The coolest baby around.
We went on a family lunch date to a bakery. Cupcakes for lunch? No wonder my kids wont eat their veggies lately...
Last week I went out to a special screening for a new documentary called "The Abolitionists." It's a group of people working to free children from sex slavery. It was an empowering night and I hope to write more about this soon! But go check out the link in this photo to learn more and help out.
And that's a wrap for this installment! Lots of little things that didn't merit their own blog post, but still worth documenting to look back on. Life is good, people. It really is.


4 comments:
Your photo dumps make me so happy. June in the leather jacket is pretty great...especially her impressions! Charlie was also super impressed with her block "castle". We also went to a ninja turtle party with a ninja turtle pinata. And that's all I can think of right now.
LillybetMarch 4, 2015 at 9:33 AM
I like your photo dumps too. I especially liked the Night photos with the spiderweb in the heart on the door. Great job on the braid and I had no idea when June was having Erin and I lay on the floor that we created a heart shape. How more perfect could that have been. And for the record, when I asked June if having all of us in the primary room made her shy she said, "No. The little boy that talked so loud in the microphone before her made her afraid of the microphone". I asked her that if she was not afraid of her 'Frozen' microphone then why would she be afraid of that microphone and she said it was because he was so loud. Lots of fun memories.
I wish I could put comments for pictures as I go. By the time I get to the end I forget everything I was going to say.
Hazels commanding water was epic. Perfect description. There, thats all I can remember.
Post a Comment