Sunday, December 14, 2014

Gamble the Night Away

Another year, another party. 
We've only gone to one work party at Instructure before. It was last year and the whole thing was pretty epic. They don't just have a nice dinner, they really throw a party. 
So I really wanted to go. I wanted a night to feel like an adult and spend time with Buck. And I wanted a chance to win a prize. ;) 

So we did something we've never done before with Hazel: we left her with someone past her bedtime... dun dun dun. Normally I nurse Hazel to sleep at 8:30 sharp every night. She wont take a bottle. So we weren't sure how it would all work out but lately she has been eating so much food and she doesn't nurse very much anymore so there was a chance. 

And behold- it worked! My blessed aunt and uncle and their kids took our girls in and kept them happy. Around bed time they left to pick up one of their kids and decided to go look at Christmas lights and Hazel zonked out in the car and slept until we came and then kept sleeping on the way home and transferred to her bed just fine! A Christmas miracle!

And anyway, maybe that is more detail than any of you wanted but people, these are exciting milestones. Buck and I got to go a date- at night time- and stay out more than two hours. And the party didn't disappoint either.

It was a spy theme (because nothing says "Christmas" like James Bond...?) They rented out a venue and filled it with fog and strands of lights and diamonds.

And disguises.

They made it into a casino and you had to gamble for fake money that later you turned in for raffle tickets for prizes. I have never gambled before in my life but turns out I have a lucky streak for black jack and did pretty good for myself... just saying, too bad it wasn't real money. ;) $10,000 what?? (juuuust kidding)

I also dusted off one of my little black dresses. It was rejuvenating to wear something slinky and feel a little sassy and flirtatious.  

And our gambling paid off and we actually won something! A pretty crazy something! It's a drone with a camcorder attached! Everyone was all like, "Oh man, you're sooo lucky! That is SUCH a cool thing, you can do so much!!" But Buck and I both are a little unsure what to do with it...




Adventures born from adventures.
Can't wait for next year's party. ;)

3 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

Frank says that drone is even nicer than the one he won. He's jealous! :)

Max and Rebecca said...

Haha! So random. I can't wait to see what you do with your major prize. And I love all the details about Hazel, and I can totally relate. A date after bedtime seems like such a luxury these days.

Adrian said...

Man! Everyone won cool things at their work parties. We won some dollar store toys. Hahaha! Aaron did get a Christmas bonus though, so I guess I can't be too sad.

Smokin' dress by the way!