Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Animal Farm

I'm kind of at a point in life where I don't have much to post about. Honestly, my biggest triumphs right now are Hazel eating a bowl of steamed broccoli and the girls taking naps every day. Which, I mean, I love my life and you should see all that I find to write about in my personal journal (seriously I have written close to 30 typed pages just since my birthday three weeks ago!) but I don't think anyone else would really care about those things. Even my own husband falls asleep at night while I ramble. ;) And besides all of that, we don't get out as much as we used to because Hazel takes two naps and June still takes one and really we just have this two hour window to get out during the day and by the time I get us ready and out the door well then, we only have an hour left. ;)

So it's pretty big news that we went to the animal farm. To spend one hour with some horses and hay we had to make it an entire half day event since my friend we met up with has a daughter who naps during my one time to leave the house. (of course) So I took the girls on a drive so that Hazel could sleep as long as possible and not have to wake up until she absolutely had to, (see, these details... too much?) But the point is, the drive was nice. We went to our lake spot and it looked magical this day.


I let June come sit by me while I parked the car.

Once we got there we didn't even need coats. In DECEMBER people. I still can't get over this warm winter! I La-la-love it.

June was being a stunt rodeo queen I guess.

We got to go on a wagon ride and the hay stuck to June's pants.

Then we stopped to see some of Santa's reindeer. Oh you didn't know they rest up here in Utah for their big day?


And that was our exciting day!

3 comments:

Anna said...

wow, beautiful lake pictures!

Carrie Lynn said...

Holy lake.

seriously, that place look sacred.

4boyzmdmom said...

I am also plagued by details. Must be genetic.

And...I can't believe I lived so close to that lake for so many years and never...no, never went near it! Although in my defense, there was a big ugly steel mill plopped down in front of it in those days.