Because we all left Disney World looking like this:
And because on vacations babies don't sleep alone
We all decided not to go to Harry Potter world (gasp!) on our last day.
I know we sound insane to skip that but everyone was tired and wanted some calm family time.
Everyone needed it, June even just went onto the balcony and read books for a while.
And then the unthinkable happened. I got to go to the pool- all by myself! It was 90 degrees and savory outside. Nobody was at the pool but ME. I went swimming and then sat in the hot tub. ALL BY MYSELF. And it was soooo calming and therapeutic.
Then the rest of the girls joined me, which was perfect. Because when you're a mom you want the alone time but only for a little while and then you start to think, "You know, my kid would love this right now..."
We got some sun bathing in. June doesn't quite get the concept yet
And then, because we're not spoiled enough, Jade and I got to get fancy massages at the resort! It was a honey massage. They used a honey oil, a honey candle that they burned and then used the wax to rub into my skin, then they put a sheet of honeycomb on my back with a hot towel to cover it so it melted onto my back.... then I got a face mask. All the while being massaged. Between that and the alone time at the pool... I kind of thought I had died and gone to heaven! Forget Harry Potter world! (gasp! gasp!)
And don't feel too bad for the boys, they got to go golfing.
Tough life, I know.
That night we had Sushi ordered and stayed in playing card games together. It was a great day of relaxing and being together.
The next day we geared up our loins and boarded the airplane and headed home. And we survived.
I have no idea why I am blessed the ways that I am. What's more important to me than a trip to Disneyworld is that I have an awesome in-law family to spend that time with. We really all get along and have a great time (as long as nobody gets too hungry... then watch out for grumpers) ;) I am so happy to call them family. So a big shout out to you all- THANK YOU a million times over for everything! We had a blast and can't wait to all live closer together. We love you!



4 comments:
That does sound like the perfect day, I totally gasped when you said you skipped Harry Potter world, but now I completely understand. What an amazing family adventure and you guys deserve to be spoiled!
No HP world?!! I think I would have cried at the suggestion ;) At the same time, that day you had sounds amazing! I could go for that right now!
90 degrees...90 degrees!!!!
I am a big Harry Potter fan, so that would be hard to skip, but...whenever I am on vacation I wish I had more relaxing time. So I don't blame you one bit!!
Post a Comment