Besides, I wanted NO part in killing them either. So I clung to my motherly duties as a shied from the dirty work. However, the whole event came about because I got the idea. My cousin Molly raises animals for meat for her family and so this past spring I talked to her about it and we decided to give it a try. We also a have a lamb that we'll have meat from soon, but we don't have to kill that! Someone else comes and does it. (fhew!)
So we went to Logan this past Saturday. Buck's brother came too. When we got there I made the mistake of seeing the chickens. They all peered at me through the gate and I felt so bad! They had no idea what was coming for them! I had to leave.
So while everyone had a killing party...
June, Hazel, and I explored my aunts yard and had some adventures of our own.
Of course there was cat chasing and chats.
Some tree house climbing,
And life pondering,
Some flying,
Some grape picking,
And some imaginative game playing. We were finding dinosaurs. June was bossing me around and telling me what I was suppose to be saying in our pretend game. (are we already to that point?!)
Then there was some cat whisper time when June got a teenager cat to sleep on her lap. How many toddlers can claim that?
This whole time I had Hazel in my arms so she doesn't have any photos. Except this fine moment when I was able to put her down.
It was a long day for everyone else. They killed 24 chickens! I felt a little less bad for the poultry though once I learned that they killed our turkey back when it was a baby. Those chickens had what was coming to them! And now we have five of them in our freezer.
The end.














4 comments:
Like a chicken to the slaughter.
And June is a total cat whisperer.
And Ben looked he enjoyed the killing a little much
And Hazel is squishy and I love those girlies.
A cat whisperer indeed. Kathy's yard makes for a great Playland.
I wouldn't want to kill them either! I decided after picking crabs once and then being so totally nauseated that I couldn't eat the crab meat, that if I had to kill my own meat I would definitely be a vegetarian!
Now that was a story! Fear and violence and romantic rompings with cats!
Post a Comment