Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Lately


It feels like I just did one of these old update blog posts but whatever. Apparently it's that time again. Besides, life is about to get crazy and after that all these events will be forgotten.  Like my cat here in this photo above. Do you know why this is special? This is my cat sitting on the couch by me while the dog is right there. A year and a half of living in a divided house and war zone and now finally we have some understanding between the two beasts! It's a big deal to me people.

Well, lately we've been doing the same surviving kind of things. Still barely keeping my head above water. But hey, I feed my kid breakfast. That counts for something.

My yard gives me flowers sometimes.

We went to the curiosity museum again.

And while others tour Europe and move to Hawaii we made it out to home depot as a family.

We've finally been going back to church since having Hazel. I mean, if for no other reason than she has a cute sheep dress.

June still treats visitors in the same hospitable fashion.

Hazel wears a bonnet sometimes.

We did venture to a splash pad. It went well until towards the end I was thinking about how easy it would be for someone to kidnap children from this place so then I left in a surge of paranoia.
I went to a clean eating, whole foods cooking class. I liked it but it also made me mellow out and realize that I want to keep my family healthy but I also don't want clean eating to be my life, you know? I have other hobbies I care more about. But it was good.

Hazel is still cute. Had her 4 month check up yesterday and she's a whopping 11 pounds!

Oh and she still takes naps on me, in case you were wondering

My friend Adrian had a floral pot luck party. It was creative and a lot of fun! Each person brought some flowers to share and then we made arrangements to take home.

 I still quite enjoy the view from my blanket in our backyard.
 Often times we sit around being classy and lady like.

I got three inches off my hair and felt like it was short until I looked in the mirror like this.

 I found a grove of trees and poppies (and dirtied the new car in the process)
 We still get awesome rainbows on our floors every morning from my front prism window

We did venture to the aquarium again with some cousins. 


Then we went on a family outing to an actual field of poppies and took June's three years photos! You'll have to wait till her birthday next month to see them.  But behold this field!
 Post photo shoot model.

But over all we are happy here. It's crazy and we never really rest, but we are happy.

5 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

geeze! Hazel is only 11 pounds! I thought my baby was small at 2 months being 11 pounds. It looks like you guys are still having fun even with this new busy change!

Carrie Lynn said...

Table runner! Sheep dress! Floral potluck!

Adrian said...

Haha! Good update! I loved the captions :)

Dayna said...

1. If I were closer I'd come relieve you for a day so you could REALLY rest. I'm sorry I'm so far away.

2. I love how June gives eveything she owns to guests. That would make me happy.

3. I wish went back to my 11 pound weight. But not really.

4. LOVE the leaving the park because of paranoia. I've done that many times. Sometimes we can be so silly how strongly and suddenly fear can grip at us.

4boyzmdmom said...

I want to go to that field of poppies!!