It's been a rainy week. We're all happy and grateful for the snow in the mountains, but still, cold February rain can get a girl down.
Buck is making me a new photography blog. I want it to be somewhere I can have my favorite photos and show what I can do. I'm sick of comparing myself to others and for some reason this feels like a way to let myself free.
On top of that I started another blog with my cousin Alyse last week. I don't even know what to call it because it's already been like five different ideas all at once. But she called me and wanted me in on it so here I am. Blog girl.
And then this blog has been slower than normal. Mostly that's been because I'M slower than normal. I mean, for reals. I shower in the morning but then that takes the entire store of energy I had saved up for the day. So then what? I sit around dressed and ready but then we never leave the house. Except to go to the doctors like three different times a week now. GAH. Ultrasounds and non stress tests and then the normal appointment. Don't they know I'm nearly 36 weeks pregnant? Ain't nobody got time for that....
It's weird to be winding down the time of my days just being June and me, and me and June. (no matter how you toss the dice, it's clear to see, that you're the only one for me, and me for you- so happy toooogeetther!!) But I am excited. I don't know all the reasons why it will be hard but that just doesn't matter now.
Although, I finally figured out a good analogy to explain how I feel about doing the baby thing all over again. See, newborn days with June were HARD and I've been especially nervous to do that again, but then it's just all of it- the teething, the nursing, the sleep training, the pumping, the spit up, the gas bubbles, the crawling, the walking, the wonder, the fear- after each milestone and now getting to this point with June it feels like I have really accomplished and survived through something miraculous. It's hard! But we did it!
And now... we're going to do that... all over again?!
So the analogy is this: It's like graduating with a college degree, we'll say a degree in business, and then a couple years later deciding to go back and get.... the exact same business degree AGAIN. Maybe this time there will be a new emphasis and some different classes, but you still have to take alllllll the same general ed classes too like math and history AND you have to take all the same tests.... and well, a person who did that would be insane. INSANE.
Okay but I know what all you veteran parents will say- every kid is so different. But guess what- I don't know that yet so this is how it feels sometimes when I think about what I'm about to do.
DON'T GET ME WRONG, I am excited for this and let me throw out there that this was indeed a planned and very desired pregnancy. But can you blame me for feeling a little overwhelmed to do all those same, HARD things all over again, after I felt so accomplished once they were done?
People. Life is just a little crazy sometimes. And that's fine.
Oh. And speaking of milestones. By popular demand, I will tell those of you asking about June's crib/bed situation just where we're at with that. We are in the good graces of God's mercies with that one, that's where we are.
June got her big girl bed for Christmas. But she loved her crib and was totally fine and still had never tried to climb out of it. So I was like, hey, let a sleeping toddler sleep! But Buck got excited and set up the bed with the crib still in the room to see how it would all fit with our two girls. June thought her bed was just a giant toy and the night we tried putting her in it we found her soon after trying to get back into her beloved crib. But then a few days later as we were putting her to bed she proclaimed, "I sleep in my big bed. I'm no baby, I'm June bug." And that was that. We never looked back. She still sleeps her 12 hours and half the time she still sits there and calls for me in the mornings when she wakes up. Her naps ended up being good too, although took a couple days of extra work. I was so nervous for this transition and God really threw us a bone on this one and I'm still thanking Him every day for it. So the crib is gone in the shed for now!
Okay. Well, that's all for my ramblings. I just started this whole post because I realized it was my blog and I could do whatever I wanted on it.
Good night!
8 comments:
I am so excited for the next chapter in your life! Enjoy your June Bug time.
36 week pregnant ladies are (and SHOULD be) beached whales. No one bother Anna.
36 week pregnant ladies are (and SHOULD be) beached whales. No one bother Anna.
The doctors should come to YOU! Whatever happened with that?
I loved your description for not having experiencing things yet. You hit it on the nail.
or is it hit the nail on the head? you know......
I like your analogy. And once again I'm so glad June is awesome at the Doctor's office because 3 times a week with a not-so-behaved toddler would be torture!
i'm not in the same position as you yet but i can totally imagine feeling the same way. i feel like i've been through SO much with tucker and it's hard to get the guts to do that again. i feel like it's asking me to go on another mission! ugh...don't know when i'll get the courage to do it. :)
Ain't nobody got time for that...bahahaha!
Great analogy. I totally have those same fears. BUT, not only are kiddos different from each other, you are different this time, too. It's like the reason oldest kids always complain about younger siblings get to do things they never got to do...it's because parents are more relaxed on the second and third and fourth time around. (I am obviously a first child :)) You've totally got this and you have experience and perspective on your side. You're going to ace all your classes this second time around :). But yes, so scary!!!
Post a Comment