There is this little writing I wrote back when I was pregnant with June. Maybe some of you remember it, but probably not. Either way I've been going back to it. Maybe my writing is too ambiguous to decipher but just so you know this is one of the most significant and life changing things I've written for myself. It was the moment I realized my life was going to change. I felt then that it was for the better, despite what society told me. It was wildly reverent and divine. I knew that what I was doing was greater than any line of foot prints I could leave across this globe. I was creating my little corner of this earth. The idea of Home was more intimate than I ever knew. Back then the ray of sun I wrote about was June and today it is this baby girl. So far I have learned that what I wrote then is still true now.
Under tightly spun silver clouds- a ray of sun dances in me
---------------------------------------------
Under tightly spun silver clouds- a ray of sun dances in me
And as the world looks on to darker days, as the earth begins to undress- slipping out from her tired robe,
I sing.
And I know you can hear me; that somehow a piece of sky sleeps in me now- Slumbering on, unaware of the elements that will soon be draped across your face.
Today, the rain reverences you.
And I too, bow low, to the power that brings you here.
Inside me I am traveling further than any plot of land, on a road through silence. We go. You come. And with you, you bring some semblance of home.
2 comments:
I LOVE it!
It touched me then, and it touches me now. I just love your poetry.
Post a Comment