Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Kitty City

The other day we went back to a dangerous yet free winter activity: Visiting animals at the shelter. But after this past year of having a dog and a cat I have learned my lesson- pets are expensive and I have too large of a guilt complex to put my needs above theirs, aka I don't take naps because I choose to stay out in the backyard with my dog so he will get exercise. HELP ME.

So bringing home a new cat wasn't on my list of to-do's. Finally, our winter activity has become SAFE.

This time we went with our friends Adrian and Elora. All the nice looking photos are from Adrian, who is a photographer and had her camera, and the few that don't look so fancy are from my phone camera. :)

Anyway, this is the shelter we went to last year where they have a place called "Kitty City" and there are all these rooms where cats hang out together and have beds and cubbys and places to climb and play AND T.V.'s playing clips of birds and other things of interest to a cat. Not a bad place to spend your last days...






3 comments:

Dayna said...

Have you ever seen "the island"? They give every one this fantastic life then have "a drawing" to go to this fancy island forever. Well they actually kill the person and take there organs. Creepy. Your last sentence of your post reminded me of that. So i'm not sure how I feel about that, but I guess if they are going to die then die in style???

Max and Rebecca said...

Haha, I'm laughing at Dayna's comment!

Jean John said...

Just to clarify about the Humane Society's Kitty City... It's not that those cats are spending their last days there, it's where they hang out until someone comes along to take them home. Their adoption rates have skyrocketed since the cats aren't caged and can actually interact with the families who visit. They're building the dogs their new home now...can't wait to see how that turns out.