You see, it's been a long road but the days are all the same for the most part. Everything from my second trimester is still around. The rib pain, the awful braxton hicks contractions and the constant fever- except I am so used to the fever now that I feel normal all the time! ha
![]() |
| 34 Weeks |
One of the things that started right before the 3rd trimester is an old pain I had when pregnant with June. Only it came about the last few weeks with her, so it was much earlier this time. The problem is that I have this nerve on the top of my belly and it is stretched in a way that is distressing to it and it's actually confused and sending signals to my brain that it's on fire. That's pretty much a quote from my doctor. SO what that means is that I constantly feel like I have a bad 3rd degree burn there. It's a good 3 inches long and I kind of hate it.... the only thing that helps is to keep a permanent ice pack on the spot. Fun times people, fun times. Anyone else ever had this? Bodies are sooo weird...
As I've mentioned before, my amniotic fluid is low again, as it was with June. SO I have had to go in weekly for ultrasounds and non-stress tests. Add to those my normal doctor visits and I feel like I live in that office. I'm also more dilated and effaced than I thought I would be by this point, kind of a surprising amount! And so as of today who knows what will happen. My doctor is convinced they will have to induce me early because the fluid will get too low and dangerous and now on top of that I could go into labor soon! SO-- I'm kind of getting my hopes up about all of that, which is bad because then what will my mood be like when I end up going over my due date?! Pregnancy is so unpredictable. But we are just grateful that they are aware of this issue and that we are being taken care of so that hopefully nothing bad will happen!
When I look back at older photos I took of my belly it's comical how I thought I was "big" then.
Although because of the low fluid my belly is measuring two weeks behind what I actually am. The good news is that the baby is measuring right on track. I feel kind of bad that I don't make very much room for my kids to grow in...
| 35 weeks |
One thing I wish I would have done was work out. With June I went walking and did yoga every single day and I could feel the difference that made. Which this one I have hardly done a thing! I blame it on the winter weather, having a toddler and all the aforementioned aliments but in the end I wish that I would have just done something because I feel so much weaker this time around... gulp. Wish me luck for when I am in labor!




7 comments:
Good luck! Remember how June and Charlie were supposed to be 3 months apart and they are 4 months apart and these babies should be 2 weeks apart but will probably be 2 months apart. Crazy. I hope you recover well! Also, I don't have nearly as many ailments right now so I could maybe tolerate being overdue!
I had weird pain in the same spot, but I guess it was my kidney. However I must say that a strange nerve thing happened to me today. It felt like someone pinched me in the butt! I was alone, well, eli was with me, but he's not old enough to pull that off. I hope it was nerve pain, or else it was some pervert spirit, ha ha. Oh, I'm way excited to meet you new little angel. I hope the first couple weeks goes more smoothly this time around. Maybe because you know what to expect?
aforementioned.... big word
Wow! Impressive timing! Way to be all caught up now. :) I can't wait to meet baby!
I don't know if I had the same nerve issue as you but all four of my pregnancies I had this burning pain right under my ribs that used to really bug me. So maybe it was the same thing! I can totally relate to being at the doctor's office too much...with my last pregnancy by the time I got to the end I was going to the cardiologist and the perinatologist every week, as well as to the OB. Crazy! I don't have to wish you good luck with labor because it's already over. Aren't you glad?! :)
Confession: Max and I keep blog stalking you for birth story updates! haha, I totally understand that you are most likely super busy adjusting to a new normal, we are just so excited for you!
Post a Comment